Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
HR, Trainers, L&D Professionals, EEO/AA, diversity managers, consultants, and anyone with responsibility for training.
About the course
The cornerstone of effective diversity training is ensuring that management and employees have an experience that raises awareness through self-discovery, changing behaviors by identifying strengths and gaps and committing to change, assessing your organizational audience and applying the appropriate learning and development strategies. Increasingly, when diversity training is developed improperly, it is fraught with legal risk and may cause backlash and produce negative impact. This program will provide best practices and ways to create the right training for your organization.
Enhance your skills in developing and delivering diversity training by exploring:
- Methods for identifying and planning diversity training needs
- Training techniques, models and ideas that get diversity messages across
- Critical facilitation and delivery skills for successful diversity training and information dissemination
Approach and Features
During this two-day fully participative workshop, participants have many opportunities to apply their learning and skills through group discussions, team facilitation and delivery content topics, and critique and feedback on facilitation and training plans.
- Diversity awareness training
- Training needs assessment
- Diversity skills training
- Deciding whether training is the right intervention
- Building support for training and minimizing resistance
- Developing the training plan
- Inclusive training practices
- Dealing effectively with the difficult issues (e.g., race, gender, sexual orientation, unearned privilege)
- Avoiding the blame game
- Legal issues in diversity training
- Blended learning
- Evaluating success and minimizing failure
- Emerging issues in diversity training
- Managing training consultants
Overview Judy Young is the Assistant Director of Training and Development at the Yang-Tan Institute on Employment and Disability. Ms. Young has over 25 years of experience providing training and consultation for the business community on issues related to the employment and inclusion of people wi...
Senior Human Resources Professional with leadership and expertise in Diversity & Inclusion (D&I), Anti-Harassment, Training & Development and Talent Acquisition. Experience within Fortune 500, Nonprofit and Governmental Agencies for over 25 years. Partnerships with organizations of al...
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.