XCPD-453 a Systems Approach to d & I Measurement and Accountability
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
This course focuses on metrics and analytics in the D&I field. Students will gain expertise in change theory and process consultation as a component of managing D&I dynamics in the workplace and examine critical business metrics such as Return On Investment (ROI) with respect to D&I initiatives. Students will acquire a clear understanding of systems theory as it applies to measurement and accountability in D&I initiatives.
By the end of the course, successful students will be able to:
- Articulate the business case for implementing programs that support cultural competence and sustain diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Review and understand the competencies required to work effectively in the diversity and inclusion management field.
- Gain awareness of the premiere models for measuring effectiveness in diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Implement a systems approach to diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
Other courses you may want to consider
XCPD-451 Theoretical Foundations of Diversity and Inclusion
This course provides critical perspective on the historical, sociological, and scientific factors impacting diversity and inclusion in the U.S. It will differentiate between Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations, Affirmative Action, and Diversity and Inclusion (D&I). The course will track the evolution of the D&I field from the emergence of the U.S. Civil Rights Movement to recent developments in neuroscience that have led to the application of cognition theories such as Emotional Intelligence, Implicit Bias, etc. to D&I work. Students also learn how to begin making the business case for D&I initiatives.
By the end of course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the historical foundations and its impact on the changing dynamic of diversity and inclusion work today.
- Explore the complexity of perspectives at play in diversity and inclusion work.
- Develop a vocabulary for advanced practice in diversity and inclusion field.
- Start building the business case for D&I initiatives.