Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Individuals whose main responsibility is the co-ordination of training activities - either working with line managers to agree training needs, organizing training events, selecting programs or internal/external providers
- Full time T&D or HR specialists - including line managers with responsibility for the training and development of their people
- Anyone wishing to enhance/update their knowledge and understanding of what is involved when conducting training co-ordination, including anyone in an administrative role
- Professionals who wish to assess new approaches for Traini
About the course
In today’s challenging and competitive global market, employee engagement is paramount, as is retaining talent within the organisation. Therefore anybody with a responsibility for managing staff requires an understanding of HR Management best practice in order get the best out of their team, avoiding pitfalls along the way. This programme provides the essential practical knowledge and tools to enable leaders to skillfully tackle HR Management issues themselves.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Specify how effective Training & Development solutions can contribute to the business performance
- Reposition the way Training & Development is currently viewed in your organizations
- Consider the most appropriate administrative techniques and systems
- Develop a model of best practice for the delivery of a Training staff role
- Apply a new 4 quadrant analysis model for analyzing individual performance issues
- Be able to describe the full training cycle including evaluation/validation and plans for improvement
- To develop (during the program) and then implement an action plan on your return to your work, with the view to significantly improving your effectiveness in training activities
Training & Development, Delivering the Business Needs
- Introduction and programs objectives
- Keeping up with change in organizations including case studies illustrating both best practice and bad practice
- Aligning Training & Development to the business needs
- Examine the relationship between Training & Development activities and organizational success including case studies
- Positioning Training and Development to deliver strategic success
- Review of day one
What is DACUM?
- What is the DACUM Process?
- What is the Result of a DACUM?
- What Are Other Uses of DACUM Profiles?
The Role of the Training Staff
- Understanding the skills and attributes of a Training staff - exercise
- How do people learn? .Adopting the right approach and considering options - exercise
- Taking account of individuals’ preferred learning styles - questionnaire and exercise
- Resource planning and administrative techniques
- Managing your own development
- Review of day two
Training Needs Analysis - from Corporate to Individual needs
- Appreciating the relationship between T&D and performance
- Identifying what’s needed at level one - Corporate needs including case study to bring the T&D cascade process to life
- Identifying what’s needed at level two - departmental needs
- Identifying what’s needed at level three - teams including Team Development Plans (TDP)
- Identifying what’s needed for level four - for individuals including Personal development Plans (PDP)
- Review of day three
Examination of various Validation and Evaluation Techniques
- Delivering improvements using - “SMART” objectives
- Application of the 10 step training model using a case study and group discussions
- Applying Validation Techniques and Methodologies
- How to construct Evaluation Surveys and implement improvements
- How to present results - evaluation in action - case studies
- Review of day four
The Role of the Training staff - Back to Work Planning
- Understanding the Training and Development Budget Planning Process and case study
- Individual action planning, and agreeing priorities
- Review and program recap
- Presentation of certificates
- Case Study
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.