Certified Purchasing Manager
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Supply management has advanced the role of purchasing beyond achieving sustainable and recurring cost savings. Optimal purchasing and supply management positions an organization to provide more value to customers, establish market differentiation, develop lasting supplier relationships and become flexible and agile.
Becoming a Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) could boost your career. Find out what groups offer these certifications, and see what education and experience you'll need
## Course Objectives
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Realize the important organizational role of the purchasing department
- Use the proper negotiation techniques with suppliers
- Evaluate the performance of the department at the macro level
- Know when and how to train the purchasing staff
- Decide when to buy or lease based on key purchasing factors
Role of Purchasing Management
- Total Value Analysis
- Linking the Purchasing Function with the Organization Strategy
- Optimizing Purchasing Productivity
- Proper Buying of Materials and Services
- Supporting the Production of the Final Product
- Adding Value to the Total Organization
Negotiating with Suppliers
- Qualities of a Successful Negotiator
- When to Negotiate with Suppliers
- Proper Planning Strategies
- Before, During and After the Negotiation Session
- How Many Suppliers to Negotiate With?
- Choosing the Right Supplier
Managing and Evaluating the Department Performance
- Centralization versus Decentralization
- Advantages of Centralized Purchasing
- Advantages of Decentralized Purchasing
- Reasons for Departmental (Macro-Level) Performance Appraisal
- Designing and Conducting User Surveys
- Creating a Strong Purchasing Team
Training the Purchasing Staff
- How to Train?
- When to Train?
- Continuous Professional Development
- Ethical Behavior
Factors in a Buy / Lease Decision
- When to Buy?
- When to Lease?
- Breakeven Point
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
- Senior buyers
- Purchasing supervisors
- Purchasing managers
- Material management personnel.