Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The programme is designed for executives/professionals with 3+ years of experience who are responsible for crisis communication, or interested to learn more about it. Participants usually have a background in corporate communication, public relations, corporate affairs or related fields.
About the course
Every organisation must deal with - and communicate about - internal and external crises. But how can you identify and prevent a crisis from happening? And what is the best way to manage a crisis that already exists?
This three-day Master Class will cover all aspects of crisis communication, including: general communication strategy, crisis definition, crisis anticipation, crisis preparation, effective communication during a crisis, and finally, crisis prevention.
A combination of lectures, real-life case discussions, video clips, and interactive exercises are used to teach this material in a highly engaging manner. The programme is led by prof. Paul Argenti, a world-renowned expert in corporate communication.
Day 1 focuses on:
- The strategy behind all communications
- The changing environment for businesses
- Crisis communication framework
- 2 case studies
Day 2 focuses on:
- Communicating during a crisis
- Communicating following a crisis
- 2 case studies
Day 3 focuses on:
- Corporate responsibility, and how it can lead to as well as prevent crises
- Reputation risk analysis framework
- Case study
By participating in this course, you will:
learn how to identify crises, and become familiar with crisis characteristics
- learn common mistakes that lead to crisis escalation
- become familiar with specific tools to apply before, during, and after a crisis hits, as well as some general frameworks that will help you conquer a crisis situation, and ideally, prevent crises from happening in the first place
- learn how to anticipate potential risk areas ahead of time, and as a result, behave more proactively once a crisis does, in fact, strike
- distinguish between different communication channels when sending a message to employees, consumers, and the media at large during high-pressure crisis times
- think strategically about communication and become more confident in dealing with all aspects of crisis communication.
Paul Argenti's recent research on social media extends his expertise in corporate communications, strategy formulation and execution, corporate reputation, and corporate social responsibility—issues on which he consults for corporations and nonprofit organizations. He teaches the core course Anal...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.