Who should attend
- Chief Information Officers, Chief Data Officers, and Chief Digital Officers
- Managers in all functional domains (Operations, Marketing & Sales, Finance, HR, …) who want to leverage Artificial Intelligence and Big Data to support their business
- IT managers who have to adapt their IT infrastructure to new technologies
- Innovation managers
- Project managers leading Artificial Intelligence and Big Data projects
- Data stewards and analytical translators
- Business analysts, Data scientists, Data engineers, IT specialists who are moving into a managerial role or want to expand their business knowledge
- Consultants who want to stay up-to-date with the newest data and analytics technologies
- Entrepreneurs in the technology field
About the course
Using Artificial Intelligence and Big Data to support decision-making
Your organisation wants to use Big Data analytics to support decision-making. But where do you start?
Machine learning, natural language processing, robotics, cloud and modern data platforms… These new technologies can transform your industry and you want to identify new opportunities for your business. Are you missing the strategic overview and specific implementation plan? Then this programme is a good match for you!
This programme provides you with essential business, analytical and technology knowledge – as well as management & leadership skills – to enable you to effectively lead your team, functional department or organisation with Artificial Intelligence and Big Data. Return to your workplace with a clear long-term data and analytics strategy to create business value.
Why This Programme?
Research proves that data-driven businesses show significantly better financial and market performance relative to competitors. Therefore, organisations should carefully consider the integration of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data during their digital transformation. By leveraging machine learning techniques, natural language processing, and robotics, in combination with the Internet of Things and cloud solutions, companies can create data-driven innovations that give them a competitive advantage.
This programme will provide you with a strategic plan to increase your business’ data-driven maturity by adopting these new technologies in your organisation. It will also help you implement data-driven projects efficiently. And furthermore, it will help bridge the gap between Artificial Intelligence and Big Data concepts and the business value that they can generate.
By participating in the ‘Creating business value with AI and Big Data’ programme, you will be able to:
- Identify new business opportunities supported by advanced data and analytics technologies
- Develop a data and analytics strategy for your organisation that will help you grow in terms of data-driven maturity
- Understand the principles of Artificial Intelligence techniques and recognise the business advantages and limitations of AI
- Select the required tools to operationalise your data and analytics strategy
- Communicate and collaborate better with technical profiles such as data scientists and data engineers in your organisation
- Cultivate artificial intelligence and big data projects among stakeholders
This programme will provide an intensive and interactive learning experience in which you will learn from academic experts, leading business practitioners, and each other. We will help you translate the acquired insights into actions by means of sounding-board sessions in which you will be coached on your data-driven innovations.
The programme consists of 4 modules and a sounding-board session
Module 1: Data and Analytics Strategy
Connecting the worlds of data scientist and business expert by:
- Developing a data and analytics strategy that supports your organisation’s digital transformation
- Being inspired by state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence and Big Data applications that create value in multiple industries (Finance, Retail, Telecom, Pharmaceuticals, …)
- Identifying data-driven innovations for your organisation
- Managing analytical teams and projects
Module 2: Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics
Familiarising participants – in a way that is understandable for business managers – with the principles of several advanced Artificial Intelligence and Big Data techniques, with a focus on showing the business value of:
- Machine Learning
- Decision Automation
- Network Analysis
- Natural Language Processing
- Deep (reinforcement) learning
Module 3: Operationalising Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
Turning insights into actions by:
- Integrating multiple data sources
- Integrating big data technology with existing infrastructure
- Leveraging high-velocity data
- Sounding-board session: the real value of this programme is revealed when you start to implement what you have learned. In this session, we help you put your acquired knowledge into action. You will pitch an unfinished data-driven idea, innovation, project or strategy, and receive valuable feedback from Vlerick Faculty experts and your peers.
Module 4: Cultivating Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
Cultivating data-driven decision-making to optimally exploit the newly created Big Data benefits in your organisation:
- How to win customer buy-in by dealing with ethics and privacy in a big data world
- How to facilitate collaboration around AI and Big Data projects with internal stakeholders
- How to promote data savviness within your organisation
- This an important part of your learning journey. Three months after the core modules, we will meet again to reflect on the take-aways of the programme, discuss your implementation of these learnings, and re-connect with your fellow participants.
The value of the programme
The real value of this programme is revealed when you start to implement what you have learned. That’s why we organise a sounding-board session and a comeback day to help you launch a data driven initiative.
Philippe Baecke’s research interest mainly lies at Customer Relationship Management, Business analytics and Big Data. More specifically he focuses on improving analytical CRM models by creatively incorporating new data types, such as geographical and social network information. Further he also ha...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.