Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kellogg School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Creating business value through data science
Previously Named: Leading with Big Data and Analytics
Leveraging big data, business analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) to deliver solutions to complex challenges is not solely the responsibility of technology and data science specialists. Rather, it’s the responsibility of organizational leadership to understand and direct these approaches to achieve their business goals.
This program is designed to help senior leaders effectively manage and seize opportunities in the new environment of advanced analytics. Participants will gain a working knowledge of data science, which will enable leaders to identify the challenges that analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence can solve. It will also help them make the most effective investments in people, data, systems, culture and organizational structure. Led by world-class Kellogg faculty and former C-Suite practitioners experienced in working with senior executives and organizations who have successfully scaled analytics in their organizations, this cutting-edge program delivers sophisticated material in an accessible, easy-to-understand format that is immediately applicable to real-world practice.
Each participant will have the opportunity to receive faculty and peer feedback on a current business challenge related to leading analytics and AI in their organization.
- Identify the business challenges that can benefit from analytics and AI
- Distinguish between good and bad analytics
- Learn to ask the right questions and challenge assumptions of analytics and AI
- Utilize data, analytics and AI to drive successful business outcomes
- Assemble the team and resources needed to drive data analytics
- Gain the leadership confidence to stay ahead of a rapidly changing marketplace
Who should attend
- Leaders who want to scale analytics and AI in their organization
- Senior leaders who want to build a culture of data-driven decision making
- Functional leaders in areas such as marketing, finance and other operational areas who would benefit from a better understanding of how to leverage analytics and AI in decision-making
- Federal Government managers seeking to gain new insight and business perspectives to leverage the power of analytics and AI for improved organizational performance
Trust the experts
Florian Zettelmeyer is the Nancy L. Ertle Professor of Marketing at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He also founded and directs the Program on Data Analytics at Kellogg, the school's Big Data and Analytics initiative. Prior to his appointment at Kellogg he was an As...
Eric Leininger joined the Kellogg School faculty full time in September 2010, coming from McDonald's Corporation, where he was corporate senior vice president since 2004. He has been an affiliated faculty member since 1997. With Professor Gregory Carpenter, Eric leads The Kellogg Chief Marketing...
Steven Franconeri is leading scientist, teacher, and speaker on visual thinking, visual communication, and the psychology of data visualization. He is a Professor of Psychology in the Weinberg College of Arts & Sciences at Northwestern, Director of the Northwestern Cognitive Science Program, ...
Eric T. Anderson is the Hartmarx Professor and former Chair of the Marketing Department at Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management and Director of the Center for Global Marketing Practice. He holds a Ph.D. in Management Science from MIT Sloan School of Management and previously hel...
Thomas F. O'Toole is Clinical Professor of Marketing and Senior Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management of Northwestern University. At Kellogg, he is engaged in advancing the development, practice and teaching of subjects including: the development and use of data analytics for business advanc...
Joel K. Shapiro
Joel Shapiro, JD, PhD, is clinical associate professor and executive director of the program on data analytics at Kellogg. Joel teaches graduate courses in decision analytics and policy analysis, with a strong focus on how to apply analytic solutions to solve real-life problems. He has deep exp...