Who should attend
The programme is designed for executives and mid-to-senior-level managers with eight or more years of experience in management and leadership.
You may be head of a business unit or managing a team at a functional level and tasked with improving business performance in your division. Those who will benefit may include:
- C-suite executives and senior leaders looking to grow their understanding of technology trends and the different applications of AI. They may be wanting to implement these technologies in their business to reduce costs and improve outcomes.
- Mid- to senior-level functional managers seeking to learn how AI can help improve performance within their functional area and have meaningful conversations with technology experts on outcome expectations.
- Product and technology managers who want to create and release an AI-based product, hire and train a team for AI product development and understand the business implications of using AI so they can propose new projects to senior management.
About the course
Light up the real business value of AI. Discover how you can create significant new value and solve your biggest business challenges by using AI technologies.
Good for you
- Gain a solid understanding of the advantages and limitations of AI and machine learning (ML) in business settings to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Increase your professional value and become an in-demand leader with the rare ability to connect this powerful technology to business value and results
- Explore real-life examples of how the global nature of the economy has allowed AI to connect businesses around the world and deliver value across diverse applications
- Determine how you can leverage AI and ML to create value for your business
- Develop your AI expertise through the process of creating, refining and presenting your AI implementation plan.
Good for your organisation
- Build and scale practical and pragmatic AI capability across your organisation and gain long-term competitive advantage
- Avoid common pitfalls of AI and ML implementation by learning to predict and mitigate strategic and operational challenges and risks
- Compete effectively with ‘born-digital’ businesses and transition to a more efficient, agile, creative and innovative business model
- Develop leaders who can help you make the most effective use of these technologies and deliver value to your organisation
- Get insights on AI proposals prone to success and failure through a final faculty debrief during the AI implementation plan.
What you learn
While other programmes are organised around AI technologies, this programme is focused on creating value in your business. Throughout the three phases of this programme, you'll gain a solid understanding of the characteristics of the technology and then work to gain clarity regarding your business challenge and your data source, so you can select the appropriate AI technologies to connect the two.
Module1/Week 1: The business value of AI
Explore the value of artificial intelligence (AI) in business. Learn about the possibilities and constraints of AI technologies and the practical challenges and broader implications of AI and machine learning (ML).
Module 2/Week 2: What are AI and machine learning?
Learn the language of AI and understand what AI actually does so that you can ask the right questions, have effective conversations and gather the insights needed to be able to make well-informed judgements in its application.
Module 3/Week 3: The possibilities of AI
Explore concrete, real-world examples of AI application in business. We look at the different ways that these technologies have changed businesses in a variety of sectors, giving a broad overview about what is happening in the real world and how organisations are actually applying these technologies.
Module 4/Week 4: Leveraging AI to create value
Examine positive and negative experiences that you may encounter as you persuade your organisation to apply AI and learn to overcome potential obstacles and prevent potential problems. Learn how to execute AI projects effectively and deliver results.
Module 5/Week 5: Building AI capabilities
Explore what it takes to experiment with AI and develop the knowledge and confidence to work in partnership with specialists to scale it as an enterprise-wide capability. Learn how to think about data as an asset for your organisation in the long-term.
AI implementation plan: make it real
As part of the challenge you will:
- Create and submit an executive summary of your AI implementation plan to your learning manager
- Receive feedback via a live online clinic with your learning manager in a small group setting
- Present your plan to your organisation via your executive summary
- Participate in a final debrief with faculty, where the top three proposals will be recognised with an AI achievement award. The faculty will also offer insights on the traits of AI proposals that lead to success, as well as those prone to failure.
Ongoing implementation support
Receive six months of ongoing communication and resources
How you learn
Live interactive sessions with faculty and learning managers make this anything but a one-way learning experience. Our online format also includes recorded video lectures, moderated discussions with learning managers and other engaging digital content.
- Build a playbook throughout the programme to help put your learnings into context
- Complete the first five modules, then shift into implementation mode with the AI implementation plan and gain support and guidance for integrating AI capabilities in your organisation
- Learn from world-class faculty, including globally renowned thought leader Michael Davies, and other leading London Business School professors through collaborative activities and engaging delivery in a digital classroom
- Gain sharp insights and new perspectives as you learn from and with your peers in the AI implementation phase.
Dr Savva’s current research focuses on hospital operations and healthcare management. His research has appeared in leading journals such as Management Science, M&SOM, Production & Operations Management, and Nature Biotechnology. He is an Associate Editor of Management Science, M&SOM a...
Dr Keyvan Vakili’s research is broadly focused on understanding the factors that promote creativity and innovation at the individual, team, organisation, and industry levels, using a variety of experimental and quasi-experimental designs, quantitative data methods and textual analysis. He is cur...
Michael Davies is the Founder and Chairman of Endeavour Partners, a Senior Lecturer at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and he runs the New Technology Ventures Program at London Business School. He works with leaders in technology to anticipate the future, navigate the resulting challenges ...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.