About the course
Include the financial dimension in your business decisions
This training is designed for all those who hold responsibilities within companies in connection with administrative and financial management and cash management: decision-makers and professionals exercising or wishing to exercise financial functions within financial institutions, financial departments or consulting firms.
On completion of the online certificate “Corporate Finance”, you will be able to :
- Understand the impact of day-to-day decisions on the company’s accounts and financial flows
- Making strategic decisions, when reading income statements and balance sheets, in particular in the context of the evaluation of a company
- To be able to communicate effectively on investment and financing decisions of the company
Corporate Finance Certificate
This program is designed to provide you with the fundamental skills in corporate finance. The goal is for you to be able to make effective decisions in the short and medium term. You will approach the different aspects of financial analysis from a 360° perspective. This approach will enable you to identify and integrate the objectives of all stakeholders in order to make it a decision-making tool, particularly for short and long-term investments.
List of the 10 learning modules
- Using finance to explain company strategy
- Finance, an excellent decision-making tool
- P&L – part 1
- P&L – part 2
- Profit and Loss Analysis as a Performance Measurement
- The balance sheet
- Working capital requirement
- “Cash is king!”
- The cash flow statement
- Profitability as a management guidance tool
This training provides you with a good grasp of finance in a way that is enjoyable and unmysterious. You will participate in the launch of a startup as an investor, and will then use the full range of tools made available to you to drive the new company’s performance.
Philippe Foulquier, PhD, is Professor of Finance and Accounting at EDHEC Business School. He is also : Director of the EDHEC Value Creation Research Center, Director of the EDHEC Executive MBA in Paris Academic Director of the Finance Masters for the Apprenticeship program.
Videos and materials
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.