Finance for Non-Finance Executives
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Frankfurt School of Finance & Management.Full disclaimer.
Corporate Finance is at the core of informed, value-generating managerial decision-making. Which numbers really tell the story? Which project to pursue, which to stop? How should an investment opportunity be valued? What is the appropriate financing going forward? Mastering these and many other issues is key for being successful in any leadership responsibility today. This three-day training - specifically designed for managers who are not specialists in finance - will provide you with the essential tools for making informed choices when it comes to financing and investment decisions. Run by highly renowned and experienced experts, it will enable you to stay in full control, communicate effectively with stakeholders, prevail in the competition, and to plan ahead effectively.
Day 1: Decision Points – Make Accounting work for you.
Gain a fresh perspective on the numbers: With a clear purpose and equipped with the right analytical tools you will be able to decide what matters and what does not. Uncover the stories that the financials can tell and detect their underlying dynamics. Gain a new understanding how financing and investment decisions within your firm will impact the numbers in the future.
- Body of Evidence: The Anatomy of Financial Statements and How to Read Them
- What Really Matters: Balance Sheet, P&L or Cash-Flow-Statement?
- The Stories They Tell: Know What Really Drives Numbers
- Your Impact: How Will the Numbers LookBecause of Your Decisions?
- What can you Learn from the Financials about Your Firm or A Competitor
Day 2+3: Generating Value – Corporate Finance as a decision tool
The focus of the second part of this hands-on seminar is on how you can use „Finance“ to make value-enhancing decision. You will be provided with necessary analytical tools to reduce complexity when preparing and communicating your most important managerial choices.
- Corporate Performance: How to Evaluate It.
- Choosing the Correct Numbers for Decision Making.
- Working Capital Management: Growing the Right Way
- Meeting Expectations: When to Invest
- Valuation: Identifying Business Opportunities and Risks
- Talking to the Capital Market: Financing and Investing as Signals
Case studies, discussions, Q&As, lectures
Who should attend
Executives who want to build up or deepen their financial knowledge in the context of investment decisions, such as
- Managing Directors
- Manager (from Business Development, Product Development, HR etc.)