Finance Fundamentals for Growing Businesses
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Cranfield School of Management.Full disclaimer.
For managers in growing businesses who need some familiarity with finance, particularly for those who have had no formal financial training, this programme provides an introduction/refresher to the basic financial concepts that are required by every owner-manager.
This programme provides a user-friendly introduction to several fundamental financial concepts, which anyone who makes major business decisions really ought to understand.
What you will learn
- An understanding of the key drivers of business value and how to work with them
- Two basic principles for business success
- An understanding of the purpose and uses of business management information, including management accounts, cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- An insight into how your management decisions will affect your company's financial decisions
- An understanding of how to use financial information to drive and measure business improvement
- An understanding of the mechanics of cost structures and pricing decisions with options for improvement.
- Elements of financial decision-making
- How business works - business cash-flow, step-by-step
- Cash flow management
- Working capital and overtrading
- How financial decisions affect the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Management information - choosing and using KPIs
- Using a few key ratios to analyse your own and/or competitor accounts
- Break-even and margin of safety
- Marginal costing, elasticity of demand and pricing decisions.
Who should attend
Owners and/or Managers in growing businesses who need a practical introduction to finance. Very useful for those who have had no formal financial training.