Who should attend
Managers in growing businesses who have responsibilities related to the financial aspects of the business.
About the course
Finance Fundamentals equips managers who have financial responsibilities with the key concepts and abilities required to manage finances at an SME level. The programme delivers an understanding of the key drivers of business value, how management decisions affect financial decisions and how to measure and impact business improvement.
What you will learn
The programme is a one-day short course that covers the main aspects of finance management, such as financial decision-making, cash-flow, working capital, balance sheets, competitor accounts, marginal costing, elasticity of demand and pricing decision.
- Elements of financial decision-making
- How business works - business cash-flow, step-by-step
- Cash flow management
- Working capital and overtrading
- How financial decisions affect the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Management information - choosing and using KPIs
- Using a few key ratios to analyse your own and/or competitor accounts
- Break-even and margin of safety
- Marginal costing, elasticity of demand and pricing decisions.
Business Counsellor and Tutor, Finance Fundamentals and Essential Management Programme Leader After gaining a degree in Economics, Andy progressed as a leader through the hierarchy in the bookmaking industry (notably becoming the man responsible for deciding the odds for Ladbrokes at major test a...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.