Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Professionals with a foundation in financial management who want to enhance their corporate finance knowledge
- Managers Executives who are keen to broaden their business expertise and tackle the key questions in corporate finance
About the course
Organisations across the globe place great value on individuals with corporate finance expertise. It’s an area of business that’s becoming increasingly complex and dynamic in today’s uncertain world – and it’s one where professionals who have the right skillset can thrive.
This 12-day programme turns you into a financial expert who can solve complex financial issues and make effective decisions.
There are four three-day modules – each designed to give you the in-depth knowledge and skills you need to take a firm grasp of your organisation’s corporate finance. You’ll take part in hands-on coaching sessions, explore real-life case studies and share ideas and experiences with the faculty and your fellow participants.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value of following the programme 'Excellence in Corporate Finance'?
By the end of this programme, you’ll:
- Have a thorough foundation in corporate finance – including theoretical and practical knowledge
- Understand the frameworks that support financial analysis and planning, company valuation and smart investment decisions
- Have a toolkit of techniques and instruments you can start using immediately to make financial decisions
- Have the confidence and skills to solve financial challenges for your company
A LEARNING EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER
When you come to Vlerick, you step away from your usual routine and gain a wider, more strategic perspective. You’ll learn by doing – taking theory and tools from the classroom and applying them in real life. Everything you learn is relevant to your organisation and the challenges you face – and has an immediate impact in your workplace.
We believe learning is an engaging experience. So whether you study face-to-face or online, you’ll share your journey with a diverse group of peers – gaining insights you may not have considered before. And you’ll have expert faculty and practitioners to challenge you, support you and get the best out of you. They bring a wealth of experience from their own professional lives.
All of these things help you become a confident, skilled professional, ready to succeed in business – and in life. So come to Vlerick. Join our vibrant, inspiring community. And get ready for great things to happen.
Module 1: Making finance decisions
- Explore the purpose of corporate finance
- Learn how to interpret financial statements and reports
- Dive into working capital management and cash conversion cycle
- Understand financial planning, fundraising and capital budgeting
- Get insights into firm valuation and enterprise risk management
Module 2: Advanced Corporate Finance
- Dive into the theories that underpin corporate finance decisions
- Explore how these decisions can create value
- Learn about various types of financing
- Design the optimal capital structure of a firm
Module 3: Accounting for decisions
- Develop your financial accounting literacy skills
- Understand the key principles of accounting for financial instruments
- Discover valuation methods and frameworks
- Learn how to carry out cash flow analysis and profitability analysis
Module 4: Capital budgeting and valuation
- Discover how to apply advanced company valuation methodologies
- Compare, evaluate and construct capital budgeting valuation models
- Learn to write analyst reports
- Critically analyse the financial press
- Dive into sophisticated financial modelling using Monte Carlo Simulation tool
Sophie Manigart holds a Civil Engineering and an MBA degree and is Doctor in Management (Ghent University). She is Full Professor at Vlerick Business School, where she holds the Gimv Private Equity Chair, and is Professor at Ghent University. She was Visiting Researcher at Wharton School of Busin...
Mathieu shows how insights into financial figures and decisions can lead to value creation. Mathieu Luypaert is Associate Professor of Corporate Finance and Programme Director of the Masters of General Management at Vlerick Business School. Mathieu Luypaert obtained the title of Doctor in Applie...
Wouter De Maeseneire obtained his PhD from Erasmus University Rotterdam. He has worked as Assistant Professor in Corporate Finance at Erasmus and as Visiting Professor at Vlerick Business School. Currently he is Associate Professor in Corporate Finance at Vlerick and Visiting Professor at Erasmus...
Bruno Colmant is an Executive Board member at Bank Degroof Petercam, the largest private bank in Belgium. Prior to that, he was a partner with the German consulting company Roland Berger, the deputy CEO of the largest belgian insurance company AGEAS and head of Euronext Brussels and responsible f...
And over 30,000 online and printed journals + well-known business databases like Bloomberg, Euromonitor,... available for you. Peter Maenhout is Investor in Residence at Vlerick Business School. He is Executive Vice-President at GIMV. Peter Maenhout has an extensive professional experience, first...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.