Building and Leading the 21st Century Team
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Lagos Business School.Full disclaimer.
As business and social environments are continually faced with economic uncertainty, competition and ever-increasing customer expectations, organisations constantly seek ways to more than just exist. With solutions such as mergers, acquisitions and a deliberate collapse of organisational hierarchies, the task of getting people of different backgrounds to work together productively becomes even more challenging.
This programme seeks to address the challenges of the new environment of business.
- Stages of Team development
- Individual Differences
- Team Leadership
- Building Commitment
- Globalisation, Technology and Virtuality
- Challenges of Technology Infrastructure
- Diversity, Cultural and Time Differences
- Team Communication
- Team Conflict Management Leader-Member Exchange: Power and Influence
Key Learning Outcomes / Takeaways
- Traditional Teamwork Concepts
- Contemporary Teamwork Concepts.
- Making a Transition from Traditional to Contemporary Teamwork.
- An Understanding of People and People Differences.
- Strategies for Transforming a Group to a Team.
- Reviewing a Team Charter.
- Designing Team Tasks that Show Clear Task-to-Big Picture Links.
- Team Leadership that Works.
Who should attend
- Team leaders, and middle to senior-level functional managers in both private and public sector organisations whose roles require an understanding of people, groups and group dynamics.
- Experts and specialists making a transition from managing equipment and processes to leading people.