Who should attend
- Team leaders, and middle to senior-level functional managers in both private and public sector organisations whose roles require an understanding of people, groups and group dynamics.
- Experts and specialists making a transition from managing equipment and processes to leading people.
About the course
As business and social environments are continually faced with economic uncertainty, competition and ever-increasing customer expectations, organisations constantly seek ways to more than just exist. With solutions such as mergers, acquisitions and a deliberate collapse of organisational hierarchies, the task of getting people of different backgrounds to work together productively becomes even more challenging.
This programme seeks to address the challenges of the new environment of business.
- Stages of Team development
- Individual Differences
- Team Leadership
- Building Commitment
- Globalisation, Technology and Virtuality
- Challenges of Technology Infrastructure
- Diversity, Cultural and Time Differences
- Team Communication
- Team Conflict Management Leader-Member Exchange: Power and Influence
Key Learning Outcomes / Takeaways
- Traditional Teamwork Concepts
- Contemporary Teamwork Concepts.
- Making a Transition from Traditional to Contemporary Teamwork.
- An Understanding of People and People Differences.
- Strategies for Transforming a Group to a Team.
- Reviewing a Team Charter.
- Designing Team Tasks that Show Clear Task-to-Big Picture Links.
- Team Leadership that Works.
Solomon started his working career in broadcasting (1970-1974). He also worked with the Industrial Training Fund, the apex manpower development organization in the country for about 15 years (1979 – 1994),NYSC inclusive before he left to join Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited, the Region Office of The Co...
Henry is a Senior Fellow and full-time faculty in Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management at Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University, Nigeria. He is the Academic Director for LBS of the Global CEO - Africa programme, run in conjunction with IESE Business School, Barcel...
Prior to his faculty appointment, Uche Attoh served on the Industrial Arbitration Panel, where, following a Federal appointment, he had for 8 years presided/participated in Tribunals constituted for the purpose of adjudicating over Trade Disputes and Labour-Management Conflict in accordance with ...
Yetunde Anibaba (Ph.D.) is a management educator and organisational development professional. She teaches Analysis of Business Problems (ABP) and decision-making on full-time and Executive MBA, as well as other senior executive education programmes at Lagos Business School. She has designed and ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.