Who should attend
- Mid-to-senior-level managers in the public and not-for-profit sectors who are interested in their own leadership development and the leadership development of others.
About the course
Challenging conventional assumptions about leadership, this two-day transformative workshop will help you take control of your career.
Dr Dana Born – a lecturer in public policy at the Harvard Kennedy School and distinguished former military leader – will help you understand your personal story, how to lead effectively and how to find leadership purpose
Learn to shift your leadership focus from “I” to “we”, whilst discovering that authentic leadership is about leading by example and empowering others.
What will you learn?
Over two days, Dr Born will guide you through case studies, individual exercises, debates and small-group discussions. There are also industry presentations and case studies using real-world public sector examples. You will create a leadership purpose statement to launch your own “true north” development plan.
A small amount of pre-course preparation is recommended.
Authentic leadership content will include:
- Your Polaris Leader(ship) in a V.U.C.A. World
- Who are you?
- Where are you headed?
- Values, principles and ethical boundaries
- Integrated life and support team
- Your leadership purpose
- Empowering others to lead
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.