Advanced Management Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
Managing in today’s dynamic and competitive environment calls for two critical capabilities from business managers - the need to be functionally competent in a global context and the ability to set and drive organizational agenda for growth and performance. This calls for functional mastery combined with personal leadership. The objective of this program is to allow participants to manage this dual development agenda.
- Understand the existing concepts and practices in critical relevant functional areas and then challenge the assumptions in the future envisaged contexts
- Enable the participants to integrate the functional knowledge and experience with organizational perspective and therefore appreciate the systemic whole
- Help participants reflect and examine their personal leadership processes
- Help participants assume leadership as well as change management roles in their organizations.
The program design will consist of five modules including one international module reflecting the five distinct competency needs of tomorrow's leaders.
Module 1: Personal mastery One of the primary requirements of effective leadership is a superior understanding of oneself and honing personal and emotional resilience. This module would be delivered using experiential learning as a pedagogy including an outbound training programme, reflection sessions, and personal development and envisioning sessions.
Module 2: Functional leadership One of the primary requirements of effective leadership is a superior understanding of oneself and honing personal and emotional resilience. This module would be delivered using experiential learning as a pedagogy including an outbound training programme, reflection sessions, and personal development and envisioning sessions.
- Strategic Finance and Cost Management: Valuation, Mergers and Acquisition, Performance Measurement Systems, Financial Risk Management
- Marketing Management: Market Driven Strategy, Customer Management, Brand Management, Research for Marketing Decisions, Metrics for Marketing Performance
- Operations Management: Operations Strategy, Supply chain strategy, Constraints management
- HR Management: Understanding your people strategy and process, Leading and managing change, Developing a culture, Building and nurturing talent
- Strategy: Managing the Firm Strategically, Analyzing Industry Structural Change, Analyzing Competitive Position & Dynamics, Managing multibusiness firms, Joint Ventures and Alliances, Strategy Execution
Module 3: Strategic decision making For any professional learning to be effective, it is imperative that they need to be put to use in experimental conditions. AMP will provide two opportunities for the participants to put their functional leadership learning to use – a business simulation game 4-8 weeks played on the internet) and a business project. The business simulation game would be played in groups to enable participants integrate their functional learning; the group business project would include live projects of importance to any of the participants’ organizations, with other group members acting as internal consultants.
Module 4: Global business awareness Awareness and sensitivity to global business challenges are critical competencies for today's successful leaders. The global business awareness module provides participants with exposure to various forms of internationalization, global/international/ transnational/ multidomestic strategies, creating and managing global supply chains, managing international strategic alliances, locating global activities (including issues relating to offshoring), cross-cultural sensitivity, and issues in international finance (including different reporting standards). This module would be delivered by HEC Paris at Paris.
Module 5: Strategy and Leadership To enable effective transfer of learning from cognitive appreciation to implementable action, the strategic leadership module prepares the participants to reflect on their learning/experience, create their own signature styles of leadership, and define for themselves certain boundaries of action. Issues relating to managing workplace diversity, affirmative action, corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, business ethics, and conservation of natural environment would be the focus of this module. Learning and reflection on these issues would be enabled through interactive classroom sessions, panel discussions, and field visits/ invited talks from current thought leaders.
The programme includes one week international immersion with HEC Paris.
About HEC Paris
Specializing in management education and research, HEC Paris offers a complete and unique range of educational programs f or the leaders of tomorrow: Masters programs, MBAs, PhDs, Executive MBAs, TRIUM Global Executive MBAs, and open-enrolment as well as custom executive education programs. Founded in 1881 by the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry, HEC is itself a founding member of ParisTech and Université Paris-Saclay. It boasts a permanent faculty of 110 professors, more than 4,000 students, and over 8,500 managers and executives in training each year.
HEC Paris custom programs address the strategic challenges of individual organizations and are tailored to their specific professional development and training needs. They are ranked #2 worldwide by the Financial Times for eigth years in a row.
Who should attend
The participants for this programme would typically:
- (a) have about 15+ years of experience with a minimum of eight years in managerial cadre
- (b) occupy senior management position