Who should attend
Project managers or key project office staff who wish to enhance their skills and perspective. Senior and middle managers who are responsible for, or involved in, projects. Professionals, from any discipline, who play an important role in projects.
About the course
Get the knowledge and tools to plan, execute and control major projects that achieve your organisation’s objectives and meet statutory requirements. Learn the techniques to deal with serious issues and keep a project on track.
Through interactive discussion, case studies done in syndicates, and focused exercises, the following are some of the topics covered:
- The project life cycle and terminology used in projects
- Aligning corporate strategy to project selection
- Project definition including business case, scope and resource planning
- Moving from work breakdown structure to ‘hands-on’ project scheduling
- Project estimating techniques
- Management of risks and issues
- Project change control – avoiding ‘scope creep’
- People aspects – high performance teams and organisation structures
- Quality expectations – how to recognise and meet them
- Project governance through the sponsor and steering committee
- Stakeholder communication including reporting and facilitation of meetings
- Progress and performance evaluation using ‘Earned Value’ techniques
- International project management
- Procurement, outsourcing, and the management of contracts
- Common causes of project failure - the role of audit / review to avoid them
- Ethics, professional conduct, safety, health and environment
- Bringing the project to an orderly close
- Special topics like cultural diversity and managing in an unstructured environment
A certificate is awarded to participants who satisfy examination and other requirements.
You will gain a thorough grounding in techniques for planning, executing, controlling and closing projects of any size or complexity. You will broaden your perspective on project governance aspects like project selection and stakeholder management.
Staff who manage projects, or play roles at senior level are able to meet significant business requirements. Through a broad understanding and perspective, they communicate effectively at all levels and have the tools to deliver projects successfully
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.