Accelerated Development Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with London Business School.Full disclaimer.
Reach your potential. Gain the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to step up to a general management role.
What kind of leader can you be?
Embark on a transformational journey where profound personal and professional change awaits you.
Benefits to you
- Improved leadership skills through greater self-awareness, sophisticated influencing skills and understanding your impact on others
- Unparalleled business connections that can offer guidance, expand your global perspectives and widen your sphere of contacts
- Improved teamwork and performance within your organisation
- The ability to harness the power and value of diverse groups – in your organisation and beyond
- Increased confidence to deal more effectively with other senior leaders across different business functions
- Improved strategic management and decision making through an enhanced understanding of how your business generates value, so you can contribute more fully to complex discussions about its future
- Assess your well-being through our holistic well-being programme
Benefits to your organisation
- Support your talent and succession planning strategies
- Build awareness of the opportunities and challenges facing the business across varied sectors and geographies.
- Enhance your managers’ confidence and people skills to engage teams, set direction and deliver growth.
- Drive innovation in your business with fresh knowledge, networks and skills.
What you learn
- A journey of self-awareness: Understand your contribution as a leader, now and in the future, by examining leadership styles in multiple contexts.
- The financial equation: Understand the foundations of finance and organisational performance to make strategic decisions that maximise value.
- Strategy and Innovation: Examine the latest business strategy tools, frameworks and thinking, learning how to apply them to increase your competitive advantage.
- Deliver customer value: Define your product strategy by analysing your customer needs and know-how to manage and enhance a powerful brand.
- Effective decision-making: Hone time-tested techniques that support your decision-making. Learn how to manage the technical and commercial risks of your business.
- Leading organisational change: This theme underpins your journey. Understand the motivations of teams and colleagues and use your strengths to lead your organisation.
How you learn
- Know yourself. How do others see you? Create an ongoing plan for leadership with our pre-programme assessments. For example, your colleagues complete a 360 review of your leadership style and you take a psychometric personality exercise to reveal your most powerful strengths.
- Immediately apply what you’ve learnt to your own leadership challenge while participating in the programme. After completing the programme, benefit from ‘checking-in’ with your executive coaches to track real business impact.
- Experiential learning – experience profound and powerful learning in new surroundings. Discover what you’re made of through an ‘outdoor day’, where you see how your leadership style responds to new challenges and how to transfer that experience to a work context.
- Working with coaches one-on-one and in small groups, you will maximise your strengths to harness your potential as a leader.
- Our integrated well-being curriculum shows you how physical activity, routine and sleep can help you achieve peak performance.
- Be inspired by globally respected thought leaders and influencers – our faculty and guest speakers – who share real-life experiences and case studies.
- Learn from your peers to gain new perspectives, and build lifelong supportive relationships as you move through the journey together.
Your learning experience
- Pre-programme: read case studies and complete a personality questionnaire and 360 survey.
- Renowned faculty bring years of commercial experience and academic prowess, grounded in real-world practicality, into the classroom.
- Apply your new skills immediately when returning to work after you complete each two-week module, and learn how to put your new knowledge and skills into practice.
- Understand how you will contribute as a leader through intense feedback and executive coaching.
- Balance the mind and body by integrating our flexible well-being curriculum.
- Discover your leadership style through experiential learning. London becomes your classroom as you engage in activities outside the lecture theatre.
- Reinforce your learning: the post-programme follow up includes coaching sessions, a 360 survey review and an impact assessment.
- Join London Business School’s Executive Education alumni community: a global group of more than 17,000 ambitious professionals.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for individuals in a phase of transition or change, who want to broaden their thinking and business skill set.
- Managers who have recently made, or are about to make, the transition from functional or technical specialist to general management.
- Leaders with deep technical expertise looking for exposure to other areas of business.
- Project managers and internal consultants working in strategic roles with teams across functions.
- Individuals from diverse backgrounds, including marketing, operations, finance and legal.