Who should attend
This programme is designed for individuals in a phase of transition or change, who want to broaden their thinking and business skill set.
- Managers who have recently made, or are about to make, the transition from functional or technical specialist to general management.
- Leaders with deep technical expertise looking for exposure to other areas of business.
- Project managers and internal consultants working in strategic roles with teams across functions.
- Individuals from diverse backgrounds, including marketing, operations, finance and legal.
About the course
Fast-track to a bigger management role with essentials from the MBA curriculum, delivered in the heart of London.
What kind of leader do you want to be?
Embark on a transformational journey where profound personal and professional change awaits you.
Good for you
- Learn to navigate complexity and change in the digital world, and adopt new approaches to strategic management and decision making, with essential components from the MBA curriculum.
- Sharpen your leadership skills by challenging and developing your self-awareness and understanding your impact on others.
- Expand your perspectives and unlock your thinking through a transformational journey with a diverse group of business leaders – and build your community for life.
- Fuel a collaborative mindset, harness the power of diversity, and maximise performance within your organisation.
Benefits to your organisation
- Develop the confidence to effectively deal with other senior leaders across a variety of business functions.
- Enhance your understanding of how your business generates value, and learn to lead and contribute on complex discussions about your organisation’s future.
- Learn how adjusting your lifestyle can enhance your productivity and impact with our integrated wellbeing curriculum.
What you learn
- Climb to new career heights
- Develop business analysis and management process fundamentals, through essential elements from the MBA curriculum, designed to help you make the transition into a bigger management position.
- A journey of self-awareness
- We begin by challenging you to understand your contribution as a leader, now and in the future, heightening self-awareness by examining diverse leadership in multiple contexts to challenge your perspective and unlock your thinking.
- The financial equation
- When stepping-up to a senior management role, adopting the latest business thinking is essential to align financial resources and strategy. Understand the foundations of finance and organisational performance to make strategic decisions that maximise value.
- Strategy and innovation
- Moving into general management requires a shift in your perspective from a functional expert to a strategic leader. Examine the latest business strategy tools, frameworks and thinking. Learn to apply them to increase your competitive advantage and navigate complexity and change in the digital world.
- Deliver customer value
- The long-term success of your organisation is often determined by its ability to create and deliver customer value. Define your product strategy by analysing your customer needs to maintain and enhance a powerful brand.
- Effective decision-making
- One of the greatest challenges managers face is making decisions through uncertainty. Hone tested techniques that support your decision-making, by tapping into the collective experience and intuition of your team and organisation. Learn how to manage the technical and commercial risks of your business with tools and frameworks.
- Leading organisational change
- Strategy alone cannot create or sustain value. You need to effectively execute and manage the change process, requiring the negotiation and influencing skills needed to transform your organisation. Learn to understand what makes your people tick, implement change management systems in line with your organisational structure, avoid the common pitfalls and use your strengths to lead your organisation to sustained success.
Your learning experience
Consider the impact you want to deliver as a result of the programme through 360-degree and a 5STeP personality survey.
- Develop leadership capabilities with intensive 360-degree feedback and action planning.
- Learn with an exceptional group of peers from all over the world through group exercises and social learning.
- Focus on strategy formulation, evaluating and managing organisational performance, managing risk and leading change.
- Scope and refine your business challenge with an action plan and objectives for the inter-modular break.
Back in the workplace (6-8 WEEKS)
Apply your bespoke action plan and new classroom concepts in your workplace.
Receive support from your group and coach
- Study scenario planning, evaluation frameworks and strategy implementation
- Explore how to deliver customer value and raise brand profile.
- Consider decision making process and practice, navigating change and creative analytical thinking.
- Finalise your bespoke action plan for implementation.
Reinforce your learning with post-programme follow-up through, one-on-one and group coaching sessions and the opportunity to redo your 360 survey after 6 months to ensure that you actions are leading to impact.
Dr Nader Tavassoli received his PhD from Columbia Business School in 1994. He was on the faculty of the MIT Sloan School of Management until 2002, where he was faculty director of the Entrepreneurship Programme and founding faculty director of the e-Business Programme. At London Business School,...
Professor of Organisational Behaviour, Chair, Organisational Behaviour Faculty BS MA (Minnesota), PhD (University of California, Berkeley) Professor Randall S. Peterson is Chair of the Organisational Behaviour Subject Area and Vice President of the School’s Campaign Committee. His current resea...
Professor of Management Science and Operations; Chair, Management Science and Operations Faculty MSc (Madrid), MSc and PhD (Stanford) Professor Victor DeMiguel’s research focuses on the design, analysis, and application of quantitative models for managerial decision making with applications in ...
Gillian Ku is Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at London Business School. She received her PhD in Management and Organizations from the Kellogg School of Management. Prior to her doctoral studies, Gillian earned her bachelor’s degree at Harvard University and worked at the Disney C...
João Cocco is a Professor of Finance at London Business School, a Research Fellow of the Centre for Economic Policy Research, a Fellow of the Centre for Financial Studies, and a Founding Member of the CEPR Network on Household Finance. He holds an MA and a PhD degree in economics from Harvard U...
Dr. Aneeta Rattans’ research interests focus on mindsets and intergroup relations (stereotyping, prejudice, and inequity). In one program of research, she studies mindsets that promote belonging, commitment, and achievement among minorities and women in the face of stereotypes and implicit bias. ...
ProfileEducation MS in Taxation, Bentley University MBA in Finance, Amos Tuck School - Dartmouth College BA in Economics, Harvard University Research & Teaching Interests Professor Sherman''s research and teaching interests are in the area of working capital management and corporate finance...
Professor Lakshmanan Shivakumar is a prolific and influential academic researcher, who has been invited to talk at universities and conferences in over 25 countries. He is currently a council member of the American Accounting Association. He was formerly the subject area Chair for the Accounting ...
Jessica Spungin has years of experience and expertise in the translation of strategy into action, to help deliver strategic change. As a visiting lecturer and Teaching Fellow at London Business School (LBS) since 2009, she has taught the Strategy Elective and Core Strategy and Leadership class fo...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.