Professor Nargundkar’s research interests are multidisciplinary, with emphasis on analytics and supply chain management, and the improvement of teaching methods. He is a Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and an instructor in RCB’s Executive Training Program in LSS. He has published papers in journals such as the European Journal of Operations Research, Journal of Global Strategies and the Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education. He has received multiple awards for excellence in teaching effectiveness and innovation, as well as for his research.
Ph.D., industrial management, Clemson University
B.E., mechanical engineering, Osmania University (India)
- analytics / quantitative methods
- process improvement, Lean Six Sigma
- teaching methods
- Enaba, H., Heba Fouad Ali, and S. Nargundkar (2016) Systemic Challenges to Implementing an Active Learning Strategy in an Introductory Marketing Class. Business Education & Accreditation (BEA), The Institute for Business and Finance Research (IBFR), 8(2), 2016.
- Nargundkar, S. & Shrikhande, M. (2014). Student Evaluation of Instruction – The Role of Non-instructional factors, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 55–72, January 2014.
- Nargundkar, S., & Samaddar, S. & Mukhopadhyay, S. (2014) A Guided Problem-Based Learning (PBL) Approach: Impact On Critical Thinking, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Volume 12, Issue 2, pages 91–108, April 2014.
- Mukhopadhyay, S., Samaddar, S., & Nargundkar, S. V. (2008) Predicting Electronic Commerce Growth: An integration of Diffusion and Neural Network Models, Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 9(4), 280-295, 2008.
- Nargundkar, S., & Shrikhande, M. (2012) An Empirical Investigation of Student Evaluations of Instruction – The Relative Importance of Factors, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Volume 10, Issue 1, pp. 117-135 January 2012.
- Brightman, H. J., & Nargundkar, S. V. (2013). Implementing Comprehensive Teacher Training in Business Doctoral Programs, Decision Sciences, Journal of Innovative Education 11(4), 297-304.
- Samaddar, S., Nargundkar, S. V., & Dailey, M. (2006) Inter-Organizational Information Sharing: The Role of Supply Network Configuration and Partner Characteristics, European Journal of Operational Research, 174(2), 744-765, 2006.
- Samaddar, S., Mukhopadhyaya, S., and Nargundkar, S. (2004) Understanding the Growth of E-commerce: Diffusion Models and a Multilayered- Perceptron Neural Network Approach, The International Journal of Applied Management & Technology, Spring 2004, pp. 114-125.