Lean six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Robinson College of Business.Full disclaimer.
For organizations to be successful, they need a consistent methodology and common terminology for continuous improvement. The Lean Six Sigma program offered by Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson College of Business integrates the best of the Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to identify and improve organizational processes. The program also offers introductions to best-in-class methods in business analysis, structured brainstorming (TRIZ) and change management—setting the “gold standard” in Lean Six Sigma training.
Lean Six Sigma is now a global trend—a methodology for business excellence through continuous improvement. Upon certification, participants will be equipped with tools to optimize business processes and contribute to breakthrough results in corporate performance: the same process-improvement skills that enabled early pioneers such as Toyota, Motorola and General Electric to produce dramatic results in organizational performance. The curriculum integrates Six Sigma and Lean with business analytics and business intelligence under one umbrella, making it the most comprehensive offering in Atlanta.
- You can earn a Green Belt in five days by attending our weeklong Lean Six Sigma program. You are required to attend class and complete assigned homework. No project is required for the Green Belt (although you will need to meet with your assigned team from 4:00-6:00 p.m. on two or three days during the week of class to complete your homework assignments).
Six Sigma is about quality. Lean is about reducing time through reduction in waste and complexity. Both Six Sigma and Lean offer sets of tools that are dedicated to meeting customer requirements. A major component of this program is the DMAIC process.
- Define: Focus on the big picture, understanding customer requirements, project prioritization, chartering a project, scheduling, listening to the "voices" of the customers, the processes, and the employees.
- Measure: Focus on gaining a competitive advantage through business analytics; Identifying inputs and outputs, types of measures, setting targets, data collection, root cause analysis, and introduction to Minitab software.
- Analysis: Focus on diagnosis first, then action. Qualitative and quantitative analysis, process analysis, descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, descriptive statistics, forecasting models, process flowchart techniques and benchmarking.
- Improve: Focus on process improvement as an engine for organizational growth by performing Kaizen events, developing potential solutions, creating the future state, optimizing solutions, evaluating risk, implementing new processes and doing service recovery.
- Control: Focus on implementing controls and developing standards. Evaluating financial benefits, monitoring process changes, understanding process capability, developing response plans, and effective project closure.
Program participants will return to their organizations with the knowledge and skills to:
- Effectively apply Lean Six Sigma methods and tools
- Clearly articulate the DMAIC Lean Six Sigma stages and objectives
- Integrate business performance management with Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Lead departmental projects to higher performance
- Become more effective team members for key cross-functional projects
- Bring about measurable improvements in customer satisfaction, product quality, and profitability
- Lead mission-critical transformational change initiatives that create sustainable corporate value
Who should attend
- Individuals interested in developing an understanding of Lean Six Sigma and business analytics
- Individuals who want to earn a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
- Individuals who are responsible for planning and leading continuous improvement projects
- Individuals who want to advance or change their careers by obtaining a Lean Six Sigma certification
- Teams who want to work together to effectuate plans and implement high-priority projects