Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Individuals interested in developing an understanding of Lean Six Sigma and business analytics.
- Individuals who are responsible for planning and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Individuals who want to advance or change their careers by obtaining a Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Teams who want to work together to effectuate plans and implement high-priority projects.
About the course
Black Belt Certification
- Black Belt project overview
- Multi-criteria decision making
- Estimation, hypothesis testing, and design of experiments
- Regression analysis
- Business intelligence/dashboards
- Lean implementation
- TRIZ (structured brainstorming)
- Control charts Change management
A pre-approved improvement project must be completed and presented within one year after the completion of the Black Belt workshop.
About the Program
We developed our Lean Practice in 2004, and have helped thousands of managers improve performance at service and manufacturing companies around the world.
Get to know and build relationships with emerging and established leaders as you work through realistic, hands on projects in the program. We also host monthly community meetings where Black Belt projects are presented, and speakers address leading edge topics in process improvement.
Our instructors are Master Black Belts, hold doctorates, and have years of top-level industry experience.
Both Six Sigma and Lean offer sets of tools that are dedicated to meeting customer requirements. A major component of this program is the DMAIC process.
- Define: Focus on the big picture, understanding customer requirements, project prioritization, chartering a project, scheduling, listening to the “voices” of the customers, the processes and the employees.
- Measure: Focus on gaining a competitive advantage through business analytics; Identifying inputs and outputs, types of measures, setting targets, data collection, root cause analysis and introduction to Minitab software.
- Analysis: Focus on diagnosis first, then action. Qualitative and quantitative analysis, process analysis, hypothesis testing, descriptive statistics, forecasting models, process flowchart techniques and benchmarking.
- Improve: Focus on process improvement as an engine for organizational growth by performing Kaizen events, developing potential solutions, creating the future state, optimizing solutions, evaluating risk, implementing new processes and doing service recovery.
- Control: Focus on implementing controls and developing standards. Evaluating financial benefits, monitoring process changes, understanding process capability, developing response plans and effective project closure.
- Effectively apply Lean Six Sigma methods and tools.
- Clearly articulate the DMAIC Lean Six Sigma stages and objectives.
- Integrate business performance management with Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Drive performance improvements in existing and new initiatives
- Become more effective team members for key cross-functional projects.
- Bring measurable improvements in customer satisfaction, product quality, and profitability.
- Lead mission-critical transformational change initiatives that create sustainable corporate value.
Professor Nargundkar’s research interests are multidisciplinary, with emphasis on analytics and supply chain management, and the improvement of teaching methods. He is a Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and an instructor in RCB’s Executive Training Program in LSS. He has published paper...
Education EDBA, J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University MBA, University of Delaware M.A. economics, University of Delaware Specializations corporate innovation entrepreneurship leadership development Biography As the associate director of the H.J. Russell Center for Ent...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.