Who should attend
The Young Minds Entrepreneurship Programme is best suited towards matriculants who want to prepare for a successful career, students who feel unsure about their current study choices or young graduates who want to create their own opportunities or move into corporate business.
About the course
The Young Minds Entrepreneurship Programme helps school-leavers, students and young graduates create their own career opportunities, with guided life direction. This programme aims to equip students with the necessary business skills required to produce successful entrepreneurs.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
In a world full of endless opportunities, it can often be daunting when thinking about a career choice that would best suit you. On this journey of personal development, you’ll discover what business journey you would like to embark on and practically set out the goals you need to achieve your dreams. This fascinating and practical course will:
- Help you to define your direction and life goals
- Prepare you to embark on a business management career path
- Enable you to apply entrepreneurial thinking to create opportunities and wealth for yourself and others
- Help you gain management skills that will increase your employability
This is a 10-month programme that consists of two phases
Phase 1 will give you a basic theoretical framework of the modern economic environment and the challenges and opportunities it holds for you. There will be classroom activities for three days per week, with assignments and practical work between classes. Some of the practical work (business activities) will take place after hours and/or on Saturdays.
During this phase you will:
- discover who you are and what you want to achieve in life;
- be introduced to the dynamics of the modern economic environment and the essence of entrepreneurial behaviour;
- learn how to identify and capitalise on opportunities to create wealth for yourself and others;
- learn the basic principles for designing and managing a small to medium business; and
- be supported by a life coach as well as a career guidance process.
Phase 2 is a structured exploratory process where you will work independently, but still be guided by a structured process of exploration (assignments) and the ongoing support of a life coach.
During this phase you will:
- explore the real world of work and business;
- report back on your experiences every two weeks by making presentations in a small group, which will help you to develop your presentation skills and confidence; and
- present a life plan as well as a comprehensive business plan for final assessment.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.