Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
General managers and senior executives
- Leading the business
- Responsible for shaping and developing business strategy
- Managers with strategic responsibility, or who are transitioning into roles with strategic responsibility
About the course
Gain the practical tools to shape and implement strategy that drives competitive advantage for your organisation.
Embark on an immersive journey that will help you develop a winning business model. Our Developing Strategic Thinking and Action course is designed for senior managers who need to formulate, communicate and execute strategy that drives business growth.
You will have the opportunity to delve into your own strategic challenge, receive mentoring and one-on-one feedback, and collaborate with individuals from a variety of commercial and public industries – enriching your learning experience as well as your network.
Forge and execute advanced strategies
- Discover tactics to deliver successful strategies
- Challenge strategic assumptions
- Assess strategic fit
Develop your power to influence
- Communicate your strategy effectively
- Understand and leverage your networks
- Become a strategy expert
Leverage your competitive advantages
- Analyse your competitive environment
- Shape your ecosystem
- Analyse trends and growth opportunities
Strategic thinking and communication
- Learn to make structured and informed searches to clarify your strategic challenge and develop innovative solutions that take your business forward
Developing winning strategies
- Develop sustainable strategies that leverage your unique advantages and build a complete ecosystem for driving results
Implementing and evaluating strategy
- Acquire the skills needed to assess strategies, sell your solutions to others and manage stakeholders through the implementation process
Strategies for ongoing learning
- Ensure you are always set for future thinking through ongoing knowledge building, reflection and planning
Brandon Lee joined Melbourne Business School in 2014 and is currently Associate Professor of Business Strategy. Upon completing his PhD in Organisational Behaviour at Cornell University, Brandon was an Assistant Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at London Business School. Brandon’s res...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.