Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This team leadership program is ideal for you if you want to strengthen your team leadership qualities and team management skills regardless of your position in the organization.
Your peers have on average eight years of work experience, either in managerial or specialist roles. They come from a wide range of industries, functional backgrounds, and geographic regions.
This strong class diversity enriches your experience as you become sensitive to the different leadership styles exercised by women and men in different cultural and organizational contexts.
About the course
- Experience team leadership situations and experiment with your role as a leader
- Receive intense individual feedback and coaching
- Develop strong team leadership qualities and team management skills
- Renew your energy and learn to mobilize people toward key business goals
Grow your leadership qualities with a team leadership course
As a leader, you need to set the direction, provide energy and connect with your team. But do you know what type of leader you are and how your behavior impacts others?
Mobilizing People is a highly experiential leadership development program which lets you explore who you are, how effective your team leadership style is and what happens below the surface of team dynamics.
You will complete this leadership training with a clear sense of how to energize and mobilize people to reach a common goal, through authentic and effective leadership.
You'll be equipped to bring out the best in others, your team... and yourself!
Best team leadership program to realize your team and personal potential!
Your quest to become a more effective team leader will take you through 9 days of intense experiential learning at IMD, in the Swiss Alps and back on our campus again.
Concise lectures and presentations introduce you to key concepts and frameworks that deepen the central process of learning from experience.
Whether you’re in the classroom with faculty, debriefing with a coach or up in the mountains with peers, you’ll be applying these guiding principles: undergo deep experiential learning, develop self-awareness and practice “change begins with me”.
Learning in teams
Team dynamics are the core focus of this program and the building blocks of organizations and businesses, so most of your learning happens in small and larger teams.
Integrated approach to coaching
Opening up to coaches, faculty and peers, you’ll experiment with different team leadership situations. You’ll benefit from one-on-one and team coaching. As you progress, you refine your self-awareness, understand others better and grasp what happens below the surface, when teams interact. You develop a clear idea of how you can leverage your personality and experience to become a more authentic and effective leader.
Participants like you explored critical themes, such as
Self-awareness and self-reflection
- Understand and manage your emotions better to become a more effective leader
- Improve key interpersonal relationships in your personal and work environment
- Understand how you can make ineffective relationships work better
- Life transitions: What do I really want from my working life?
Improving team dynamics
- Improve the atmosphere and performance of your team
- Understand why teams lack commitment and trust
- Explore the good and bad of conflict and diversity
- Understand how your leadership impacts the team and vice versa
Empowering your leadership
- Get better at taking up formal and informal leadership
- Build the capability and confidence to lead complex change
Top management challenges
- Find the resilience to endure the loneliness that real leadership often demands
- Explore how your top management team can boost their "teamness"
Professor Toegel is a teacher, facilitator and researcher in the area of leadership and human behavior. Specialized in providing one-to-one leadership coaching and team-building workshops to top management teams in both the public and private sector, her major research focuses on leadership deve...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.