XCPD-025 Capstone Case Course in Financial Planning
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
Using a complex case study, students form a financial planning team that is tasked with developing and presenting a comprehensive financial plan for a client. The course is designed to simulate the real-world experience of financial planners. To successfully complete the course, students must integrate the six major areas of personal financial planning to develop a long-term tailored, comprehensive, and feasible financial plan that accounts for contingencies, taxes, and estate issues.
Six major areas of financial planning:
- Financial Planning Fundamentals
- Investment Analysis
- Insurance Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Understand complex financial planning scenarios.
- Complete a case analysis and integration of the six (6) major areas of personal financial planning (see above).
- Manage case scenarios for clients, which includes but is not limited to: (1) conducting a case overview and breakdown of facts; (2) identifying issues within case scenarios; (3) analyzing client and financial situations and; (4) implementing recommendations.
- Develop a comprehensive financial plan for a client and then present it to peers and faculty for review and critique.