About the course
Using a complex case study, students form a financial planning team that is tasked with developing and presenting a comprehensive financial plan for a client. The course is designed to simulate the real-world experience of financial planners. To successfully complete the course, students must integrate the six major areas of personal financial planning to develop a long-term tailored, comprehensive, and feasible financial plan that accounts for contingencies, taxes, and estate issues.
Six major areas of financial planning:
- Financial Planning Fundamentals
- Investment Analysis
- Insurance Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Understand complex financial planning scenarios.
- Complete a case analysis and integration of the six (6) major areas of personal financial planning (see above).
- Manage case scenarios for clients, which includes but is not limited to: (1) conducting a case overview and breakdown of facts; (2) identifying issues within case scenarios; (3) analyzing client and financial situations and; (4) implementing recommendations.
- Develop a comprehensive financial plan for a client and then present it to peers and faculty for review and critique.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.