Who should attend
This course is designed for individuals who have completed a series of foundational analytics courses—or those with very strong data analytics skills—and seek to refine their skills by applying them to real-world issues while receiving expert guidance.
About the course
You’ve gained the skills and techniques to carry out meaningful data analyses at your organization. Now what? You can sharpen your data analytics skills by applying them in a structured, low-pressure setting where you receive in-time coaching and feedback. This case-based workshop allows you to work through the six phases of the Analytics Process Model. You will be immersed in a real-world analysis environment that prompts you to apply your data collection, analysis, modeling, evaluation, and presentation skills.
- Analyze a real-world scenario
- Utilize data to understand the situation and make recommendations
- Collect, integrate, and prepare data to be used in their analyses
- Select the techniques to be used in their analyses
- Decide what additional data they need to acquire to support their analyses
- Draw conclusions from their analyses and make recommendations to decision-makers
- See the results of the decisions made from their analysis
Welcome and Introduction
- A "Different" Type of Course
Analytical Skills Assessment Exercise
- Initial Assessment
- Case Background: TSA’s Airline Passenger Screening Program
- Proposed Initiatives
- Case Background Articles
Rules of the Simulation
- Simulation Overview
- Segment 1 - Team Formation and Rules
- Segment 2 - Case Background and Project Planning
- Segment 3 - Core Analysis
- Segment 4 - Presentation and Debriefing
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.