Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Any mid- to upper-level professional who is striving to improve performance and profile, as well as aiming to advance to the highest levels of corporate leadership, can benefit from this program.
About the course
Gain the skills to get to the next level in your career, focus on your authentic purpose and leverage the strengths that will get you there. Together with other like-minded leaders, you’ll expand your readiness for higher-level positions within your organization via leadership topics relating to your own active career progression as well as skills necessary when leading larger teams. The program is comprised of six key topics held in the live-virtual classroom environment via zoom. Sessions will include a thought-provoking mix of lecture, case studies, break-out discussions, role-play exercises, and guest speakers. Additionally, live class material is augmented by a variety of independent activities such as assessments, executive coaching, and videos, all of which are designed and timed to enhance your integration and mastery of key learning points and skills application. You’ll finish the program with a clear understanding of the unique value you add to an organization and a career strategy that is rooted in your personal strengths and priorities.
- Power, Politics, and Informal Leadership – Learn the unwritten rules of the organization by exploring three critical skills of informal leadership: Navigating politics, understanding power, and exercising influence.
- Cultivating Executive Presence – Learn and apply specific strategies to better use your personal attributes and values to cultivate a strong, authentic executive presence.
- Effective Negotiation Strategies – Gain a better understanding of the basic theories of negotiation and improve your ability to maximize total value when negotiation.
- Critical Conversations – Learn the underlying structure of critical conversations and hone your capacity to turn disagreement into productive discourse.
- Advancing Your Career Path – Evaluate your past and future choices through a strategic framework that accounts for your unique values, priorities, goals, and available opportunities.
- Leveraging your Strengths – Assess your personal strengths so you can create a plan to focus on these strengths and use them more often.
Biography Michelle M. Duguid is associate professor of management and organizations at the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University. She received her MS and PhD in organizational behavior from Cornell University. Professor Duguid has two broad, overlapping stream...
Professor Rebecca Hollander-Blumoff focuses on law and psychology in the context of dispute resolution. Her interdisciplinary perspective on legal dispute resolution uses psychological research and insights to better understand the role of legal actors, systems, and norms. She also explores the r...
Paul Paese has been an adjunct faculty member at Olin since 1999. In addition to coaching and teaching at the graduate level, Paul works with executives, groups, and organizations to improve leader and team effectiveness. His past employment as a full-time professor enabled Paul to sharpen his ex...
Before joining the Olin faculty in 2013, Cathy founded and built a public relations firm, Standing Partnership, recognized for its positive employee culture, exceptional client results, and innovative leadership as a partner in the global Worldcom Public Relations Group. Cathy and her team at Sta...
Dr. Patricia (Trish) Gorman is Managing Director of the Goff Strategic Leadership Center at the David Eccles School of Business at University of Utah, where she also teaches Strategy. Dr. Gorman is an accomplished educator, author and consultant whose passion is bridging the gaps between the cla...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.