Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course provides an overview of all significant aspects and considerations of wastewater treatment plant operation for industrial waste water compliance managers, supervisors, engineers, inspectors, plant managers and HSE staff. Also this course is suitable for operations, inspection, maintenance and design engineers and technical staff including laboratories.
About the course
This course will provide delegates with a sound theoretical and practical knowledge base on water and wastewater treatment, as well as the operation of water treatment plants. With this course, will empower delegates to make informed decisions about drinking water treatment processes and the quality of drinking water, including wastewater treatment processes, effluent quality and the disposal of effluents. You will also be able to evaluate the operation and control of water and wastewater treatment plants after successfully completing the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Apply and gain an in-depth knowledge on the operation of wastewater treatment plant
- Discuss the basic principles of waste water treatment for the daily follow-up of a waste water treatment plant
- Identify the difference between several types of wastewater and its constituents
- Characterize and describe wastewater in terms of the common parameters used
- Present general overview of a wastewater treatment facility
- Discuss drinking water treatment processes and the quality of drinking water along with wastewater treatment processes, effluent quality and the disposal of effluents
- Evaluate the operation and control of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Optimize the operation of water and waste water treatment plant
Welcome & Introduction
Water Treatment Operators & Facilities
- What is a Treatment Plant Operator?
- The Water Quality Protector
- Prevention of Pollution
- Types of Waste Discharges
- Effects of Waste Discharges
Sludge Digestion and Solid Handling
Laboratory Procedures and Chemistry
Applications of Computers for Plant Operation & Maintenance
Analysis and Presentation of Data
Records and Report Writing
Treatment Plant Administration
Drinking Water Quality and Water Treatment Processes
- Basic water chemistry
- Drinking water quality requirements
- Process description and functioning of drinking water treatment processes
- Operation of treatment processes
- Process and plant optimisation and trouble shooting
- Residue treatment and disposal
Effluent Quality and Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Basic water microbiology
- Wastewater quality parameters and discharge regulations
- Overview of wastewater treatment processes
- Operation of activated sludge processes
- Process and plant optimization and trouble shooting
- Sludge treatment and disposal Post Test Presentation of Certificates
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.