Laboratory Control of a Wastewater Treatment Plant
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
This course is designed to educate and assist people who currently working in wastewater treatment operations and wastewater laboratory.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will have depth knowledge in basic Math, Chemistry and Biology.
FIVE DAYS PROGRAM
WATER AND WASTEWATER SAMPLING
- Areas of Sampling
- Sample Collection
- Laboratory Practices
- Quality Control
- Specific Needs in Microbiology
- Intra laboratory Quality Control
- Inter laboratory Quality Control
- Development of a Formal Quality Assurance Program
- Documentation of a Quality Assurance Program
- Chain-of-Custody Procedures for Microbiological Samples
- Summary of General Guidelines
- Law and Authority for Safety and Health
- EPA Policy on Laboratory Safety
- Laboratory Safety Practices
- Report of Unsafe or Unhealthful Condition
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is intended for all Laboratory/pilot plant employees with responsibility for or interest in related safety and health issues (e.g., managers, supervisors, scientists or technical assistants). This course is particularly valuable for full- or part-time Chemical Hygiene Officers (CHOs), Safety/Health/Industrial Hygiene Professionals or Coordinators, Hazard Assessment or Audit Team Leaders, Trainers and those who are accountable for similar lab safety and health activities. Laboratory managers, analytical chemists, medical scientists, laboratory supervisors, research and development scientists, microbiologists, food technologists and quality assurance/control managers.