Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Managers, directors, and functional area leaders who have high potential to transition to senior management
- Leaders with ten years of management experience who want to broaden their business and leadership skills.
- Senior leaders and entrepreneurs of companies with growth potential
- Participants must have a minimum of five years of business experience in a management or leadership role
About the course
The Wisconsin School of Business Center for Professional & Executive Development will provide you with the practical skills needed to have an immediate and lasting impact on your organization. During three, three-day visits to the Fluno Center, you’ll network with other senior leaders, learn from industry-leading executives, and develop the influence, negotiation, business acumen, and leadership skills you need to excel in a senior management position.
What You Will Learn
- How operations, finance, marketing, and other functions work together to create and execute a successful business strategy
- Insights from your Leadership/Impact® assessment results to develop the skills and behaviors you need for personal and organizational success
- How to identify emerging macroeconomic themes that pose the most risk and reward in the next three years
- Frameworks to identify and assess internal partnerships, establish influence, and build interdepartmental support for decisions
- How to sponsor, guide, and maintain process improvement initiatives and systems
- Strategies to increase shareholder value through analysis and evaluation of capital projects
- How to align marketing goals and processes with organizational strategy
- Negotiation skills to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes and resolve points of difference with individuals and teams
Why Earn This Certificate?
- You will be prepared to successfully transition into a high-level, executive leadership role
- You will develop and deepen your understanding in critical business areas of strategy, finance, marketing, talent management, and leadership
- You will increase your ability to influence effectively across functional areas and departments
- You will be able to purposely lead organizational and/or team culture to a place of greater productivity and performance.
Steve King is the Executive Director of the Center for Professional and Executive Development for the Wisconsin School of Business at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. Prior to taking this position, Steve held the positions of Vice President of Global Talent Management for Baxter International...
Dr. Posen is an expert on firm corporate strategy and strategic decision-making under uncertainty, focusing on innovation and entrepreneurship. His research and teaching is informed by a prior engagement as an entrepreneur in the technology and retail sectors. He is frequently invited to lecture ...
Enno Siemsen joined the Wisconsin School of Business in 2015, after spending 8 years on the faculty at the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, and 3 years on the faculty at the College of Business, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He received his PhD in Operations Ma...
Who needs business acumen? EVERYONE! I am a mix of seasoned accounting director and dynamic presenter and teacher. This means can take any complex financial topic and explain it in a way that can be understood by people without a financial background. Go to my website, www.amartelassociates.com a...
Deb has experience helping families and businesses meet various needs, concentrating on communication, transition, and next-generation development. She has worked with numerous families on developing effective communication and conflict resolution skills, facilitating various negotiated agreement...
Susan has experience in organizational development working with large multinational companies. Her focus is matrix organizations and how to navigate and influence cross-functionally in these organizations. Prior to joining the University of Wisconsin-Madison faculty, Susan worked for Baxter and ...
Lisa leverages decades of corporate and consulting experience to educate, counsel, and coach managers, executives, and leadership teams in the science and art of leadership and organizational culture. As a program director and coach at the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Center for Professional...
Artell has extensive experience in human resources management, advising and focusing on overall people strategy, talent management/development, and compensation/benefits. He has led transformative projects across all aspects of HR work globally, including talent development, generalist services, ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.