Who should attend
All individuals who have a stake in developing strategies and managing change:
- All Leaders and Professionals
- Management Professionals
- Team Leaders
- Project and Programme Managers
About the course
This highly-interactive seminar will provide delegates with concepts and tools needed for making decisions in a VUCA world: Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous. The VUCA acronym, developed in the late 1980’s, was used by the US Army War College and then adopted by business after the financial crash in 2008-09. Leaders who are tasked with developing strategies and objectives for their organisations, must navigate in a VUCA world. Scenario planning is a very useful tool which enables senior leaders to envisage possible futures and to make more informed decisions about how to navigate their business in order to deliver results.
The seminar will examine “transformative scenario planning” by describing techniques for identifying a range of possible futures. We will also explore ways that leaders can have an impact on the future through influencing systems, structures and processes and doing so in a collaborative and holistic manner.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Understand the nature and role of scenario planning in today’s private and public sector organisations
- Distinguish scenario planning from forecasting, contingency planning, trend analysis and threat matrices
- Appreciate and master the phases in planning
- Structure and implement each phase for maximum success
- Apply the results of the process to drive innovation
- Share the outputs to enhance the organisation’s reputation, credibility and standing
- Gain a thorough Understanding of Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Develop Planning Skills
- Learn Tools for Strategic Analysis
- Deliver Aligned Strategic and Operational Objectives
- Understand Key Stakeholders’ Aims and their Impact on your Strategy
- Enhance Communication Skills
- Learn How to Build Trusting Relationships
- Learn How to Manage Diverse and Potentially Conflicting Views
- Use Creative and Innovative Techniques for Finding New Solutions
- Review How Systems and Processes can Deliver Greater Productivity: Deliver More, With Less
- Understand Change, Resistance and The Leaders’ Role
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.