XCPD-761 Social Media Strategies & Tactics
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
This course delves into the operational impact social media efforts have on the internal operations of an organization. The course will focus on how building a long-term plan to inform better decisions in the short term and also position organizations for future growth. After the initial phase of activity to implement social media technologies, organizations are faced with new challenges around redefining technology environments, workflow, collaboration, and management. This course follows the communications professional through the stages once the initial wave of activity to implement social media ends and how to be a proactive thought leader in defining and implementing a social media strategic roadmap. Participants will focus on the elements of building a successful roadmap, which includes consideration of factors ranging from operational and infrastructure requirements to workflow and collaboration models as well as the impact technology decisions have on future possibilities. Participants will be able to make better long-term technology decisions, help organizations a position themselves for growth over time and become a proactive thought leader.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify and describe the communications factors that affect organizational social media implementation
- Initiate and organize phased incorporation of social media use into existing communication structures
- Create an effective and extended communications road map for social media implementation
- Contribute to organizational communication decisions, growth management, and strategy discussions
Social Media Strategy
Gain insight into why organizations should use social media and discover how to effectively implement social strategies. Learn to integrate, execute, and evaluate social media tools as integral components of your organization’s overall marketing communications plan.
- Social media applications for achieving organizational goals
- Implementing appropriate social media tactics
- Creating social content
- Measuring results for future social media implementation
What to Expect
This is an interactive workshop, which may include lectures, group exercises, role-play and discussion. Come prepared to share your experiences, opinions and perspectives with the class. There are no exams, quizzes or homework!