Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for individuals and teams with responsibility for strategy, planning or leadership.Participants attend from business, government, NGOs, academia, professional bodies, and inter-governmental organisations.
About the course
Are you considering all the plausible futures for your strategy?
In an uncertain world scenario planning equips you with the skills and tools to deal effectively with potential opportunities, threats and challenges.
On this programme, you will learn how to develop robust strategies in the face of numerous plausible futures.
You will cover a broad range of themes, including:
- What can we influence in the context of our organisation and what will most influence success in the future?
- What is the relationship between strategic planning and scenarios?
- How do I design a fit-for-purpose scenario intervention?
- How do scenarios and forecasting relate to each other?
- Who does what in scenario practice?
Unique to the programme is the live client case study. You will work on a strategic issue as part of a group for a real world client. Through this work you gain hands-on experience and put your theoretical learning into practice, receiving real-time feedback.
- Understand complex scenario theories, methodologies, approaches and interventions
- Identify how to deploy effective scenarios and learn why scenarios can fail
- Opportunity for individual growth and reflection, and to question assumptions
To your business
- Empowered scenario planners able to creatively drive strategic thinking and practice
- Able to make key decisions in the context of turbulence, uncertainty, novelty and ambiguity (TUNA)
- Knowledge of where scenario planning fits in the organisation and its relation to other processes
Rafael Ramirez is Director of the Oxford Scenarios Programme and the University of Oxford’s first Professor of Practice at the Saїd Business School and Green Templeton College, Oxford University. He is one of the world’s leading experts on scenario planning, having developed the Oxford Scenarios ...
Cynthia Selin is an interdisciplinary scholar of Science, Technology and Society (STS) with significant research, outreach and training experience at the intersection between sustainability, foresight and the governance of innovation. Dr. Selin’s research investigates novel scenario methods and f...
Cho is Chief Political Analyst in the Global Business Environment team at Shell International in London. He is an active scenarios practitioner, focusing on using scenarios in futures thinking, with over 20 years of experience in leading and advising on country scenario projects. He advises on p...
Trudi is a global strategist working with leaders to support them with their strategic objectives. Her vision is to improve the state of the world through global conversations. She does this through her teaching, research and consulting, providing leaders with the frameworks and space to discove...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.