Who should attend
The course in Transformational & Visionary Leadership is designed for:
- Senior-level executives making the transformational decisions and leading the organization into uncertainty and change
- People leaders and managers responsible for translating the vision, mission and objectives of change to first-level or departmental employees
- The employees and individual contributors adopting the processes of change and adapting to these new situations
About the course
Change is happening faster than ever before, driven by technological innovations, marketplace factors and the new normal of a post-pandemic world. The strongest leaders don’t merely keep up or react to change. They are prepared to meet current needs while staying focused on the future by being proactive, agile, and visionary in their decision making. But how do you become that leader?
This course in Transformational & Visionary Leadership provides a roadmap for decision making and a plan to improve your leadership effectiveness, align your teams and confidently drive your organization toward positive change.
Over the four weeks of the course, you will learn to identify when and why change is needed and understand why this change can be difficult, gain strategies for developing a clear vision for your team and organization in the midst of change, apply the best techniques for motivating your team during turbulent times and successfully lead them through transformation while avoiding common pitfalls. This course grounds you in the behaviors leaders need to cultivate and demonstrate for effectively leading individuals, teams and organizations, including practical tools essential for leading virtual teams.
What You’ll Learn
Why Organizations Change
- Understand the factors that can create change in an organization, including external and internal forces
- Examine case studies of organizations that successfully transformed for the better and those that changed for the worse
Why Change is Difficult
- Understand the different human responses to change and why people react the way they do
- Explore the different models of change and how you can adapt to and model for changes driven by external forces and the competitive marketplace
- Develop strategies for the implementation of internal changes
The Leader’s Role in Transformation
- Create strong mission, vision, purpose and goals for organizational transformation
- Gain tools and tactics to effectively lead and manage the change initiative and avoid transformational pitfalls
- Develop methodologies and techniques for motivating team members
- Overcome resistance to change by coaching team members through the transformation
Creating Agility for Organizational Management
- Explore different types of organizational structures, including Matrix Organization, Team-Based Organization and a Helix Organization
- Align your team and/or department with your organization’s mission and values
- Institute agile thinking and establish agile processes
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.