Who should attend
You are a business leader, senior manager or entrepreneur in charge of developing or implementing a digital business transformation. You may be in marketing, operations, IT, strategy, HR, or general management. LDBT will give you the frameworks, examples and the concrete plan of action you need to navigate transformation and to inspire others to follow you.
About the course
- Understand how digital technologies and business models are radically changing competitive dynamics across industries
- See into the mindset of digital disruptors, like Amazon, Google, Alibaba, and Silicon Valley "unicorns"
- Understand how to become a much more agile organization
- Define a plan of action for digitization across your organizational value chain that allows you to both preserve your core business and compete in new markets
Digital transformation: find your path and pace and leave with a strategic plan
How important is digital transformation to your business? Are your competitors deploying digital technology or digital strategies that are disrupting your market position?
Leading Digital Business Transformation brings you the best business insights for the digital age tapping into the latest research from the Global Center for Digital Business Transformation, an IMD and Cisco initiative.
This digital transformation program helps you assess how your company should evolve to extract the most value from digital technologies and business models. You leave with a digital strategy roadmap, ready to make the transformation happen in your company.
Find the right digital transformation strategy for your company
You explore the dynamics of digital disruption and how to become more agile to succeed in this new environment. You consider what this means for marketing, sales, strategy, your value chain, organizational processes, and execution.
Inspirational guest speakers and compelling case studies both from traditional and new disrupting companies stimulate your thinking around the threats and opportunities that lie ahead.
Your roadmap to sustainable competitive advantage
Your core focus throughout the week and main deliverable when you leave is the development of a strategic roadmap for digital transformation in your company.
Your challenge is to figure out which digital assets make sense for your business, and how to integrate them with your non-digital assets. You also define the type of capability building and organizational change you need to plan.
Create more value for your customers with new digital tools
You take part in technology demonstrations and challenge projects using:
- Analytical tools and applications
- Mobile tools and applications
- Platforms to build shareable digital capabilities
- Social media applications
Don't focus on the disruptor, focus on the disruption
How can you respond to disruption? You are introduced to 4 models of responses you could opt for if your business is being threatened. Each approach focuses on what the disruption reveals about your business, rather than focusing on the disruptor.
- Learn from the disruptor and improve your core business /customer experience
- Recenter your activities around a niche/exclusive market
- Meet your disruptor on the battlefield and beat him at his own game
- Explore opportunities to collaborate with your disruptor
Michael R. Wade is a Professor of Innovation and Strategy at IMD and holds the Cisco Chair in Digital Business Transformation. He is the Director of the Global Center for Digital Business Transformation, an IMD and Cisco Initiative. Professor Wade has published works on a variety of topics, incl...
Mikołaj Jan Piskorski, who often goes by the name Misiek, is a Professor of Strategy and Innovation at IMD. He is an expert on why and how people use various online social platforms across the world, and how firms can successfully leverage social platforms to build social strategies. He applies m...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.