About the course
In this session you will learn about 7 ways to grow your leadership abilities and foster resilience on the part of yourself and those you lead. You will receive a personal profile of your strengths and weaknesses across the 5 strengths that make an excellent and resilient leader - Integrity, Mentoring, Aligned Values, Results, & Connection to the job. We will evaluate your top leadership priorities and learn if the time allocated to each is a match. We will assess your self rating of your leadership abilities and determine whether you tend to overestimate those abilities. And then we ll delve into 5 concrete skills to boost each of the 5 strengths of resilient leadership. Participants will learn how to convey integrity to direct reports, about the Optimism Gap that exists between leaders and employees (and how to bridge it); and how to align personal values with the values of your organization for optimal performance on the part of both individuals and teams.
Nailing down the concept – what is resilience?
How resilient are you?
- Understand your highs and lows on the 7 inner strengths of resilience
The 7 skills of resilience
- Which of the 7 will help you most?
4 skills to beat adversity and stress
- Skill 1 – locating emotion radar – how our thinking drives what we feel and what we do
- Skill 2 – avoiding thinking traps – how to sidestep the 7 most common mistakes in our thinking
- Skill 3 – navigating around problem icebergs – how to melt, steer around, or embrace the deep beliefs we have about ourselves and our world
- Skill 4 – getting flexible with explanations – how to change our thinking for more effective problem solving
3 skills to capitalize on the positive
- Skill 5 – harnessing resilient emotion radars – exploring the positive emotions we feel at work and how to get more of them
- Skill 6 – tapping resilient icebergs – how to uncover and get motivated by our positive values about leadership and work
- Skill 7 – getting connected – how to become more connected to your job and to find more meaning and satisfaction at work and at home
Your resilience action plan
- Develop concrete steps to boost resilience moving forward
Dr. Andrew Shatté is the founder and President of Phoenix Life Academy. He is a fellow with the Brookings Institution where he facilitates programs for high-level audiences from the Department of Defense, Homeland Security, the IRS, NASA, the CIA, and all branches of the military. He served as ad...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.