This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This certified course develops and enhances general and foundational management skills and prepares participants for the exam and certification process. With so many challenges facing the management function, course participants gain valuable knowledge, skills and abilities that are vital to effectively lead and manage in today's global workplace. Participants will explore core management activities such as planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling and delve into key competencies and management styles they need and continuously have to develop and hone. The course also opens the door into the world of coaching and how this discipline has become a critical management asset when it comes to motivating others, overcoming barriers and solving business problems. Participants will explore leadership from a business perspective, and how managers are urged to develop many leadership capabilities in order to maintain a healthy organization in an increasingly competitive market place.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Define the various functions and the type of management activity associated with each.
- Decide when to use coaching and counseling.
- Define the relationship between attitude and behavior and use it to motivate self and others.
- Use logical and creative approaches to solving problems.
- Differentiate between leadership and management.
- An Art or a Science?
- Changes Impacting the Job of a Manager
- Basic Managerial Functions:
- The 6 Steps in Planning
- Managerial Competencies:
- Strategic Action
- Different Management Styles
- Factors that Influence Your Style
- Reasons Managers Fail
Coaching, Counseling and Mentoring
- To Coach or to Manage
- Differences between Coaching, Counseling and Mentoring
- The Competency Iceberg
- Core Coaching Competencies
- What Does a Coach Do and How?
- The 5 Powerful Words of Coaching (D.R.D.A.R.)
- The Hierarchy of Needs
- Various Motivational Theories
- How to Motivate a Multi-Cultural Workforce
- Barriers that Get in Our Way
- A Rational Approach to Problem-Solving
- Problem Analysis Supplementary Tools
- The 6 Thinking Hats for Creative Problem-Solving
The World of Leadership
- Leaders: Born or Made?
- Leadership versus Management
- Characteristics of a Leader
- The 6 Leadership Styles
- The 7 Habits of Highly Successful Leaders
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Department heads, senior supervisors, managers and others who need to develop/sharpen their managerial skills.