Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Individual entrepreneurs who would like to plan / prepare to launch their own new venture
- Corporate product-service development professionals who want to bring a greater degree of entrepreneurial perspective to the design-ideation process for new product-service initiatives
- Individual investors who want to expand their understanding of the key facets that determine "best" new venture opportunities and funding types (debt vs. equity)
- R+D/Product Development Teams looking to infuse an entrepreneurial creative-innovative mindset
- Business Development Directors looking to proactively be the drivers and initiators of new product-service opportunities within the larger corporation
- Financial professionals who want to expand their assessment metrics for valuing new ventures
About the course
This highly-engaging seminar will focus on the new venture development process and the role of the entrepreneur in spotting opportunity - where creativity, innovation, and imagination can then deliver great new products and services to existing markets, or launch brand new global markets and industries.
It will provide a comprehensive review of how entrepreneurship opens up new ideas to address gaps in existing markets and industries – and the “8 Facets of New Ventures” that must be addressed in producing a professional business plan, whether for an independent or intra-corporate entrepreneur.
The Oxford seminar will review several high profile ‘classic’ entrepreneurial case examples – such as Apple, Cisco, Uber, VMware, and Tesla – to recent client-consulting ventures in food service, apparel, hi-tech, and telecomm IoT, reviewing and analyzing common themes and pathways to venture funding sources.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Create a product- service feasibility for either the lowest cost or most differentiated position
- Research the size (breadth and depth) and valuing the target market for a product- service
- Develop a detailed competitive matrix across multiple product-service features and pricing
- Build a professional product-service specific Business Model
- Structure a specific sales strategy for getting the product - service into the target market
- Manage all resources, timelines, and key benchmarks in the new venture launch process
- Build comprehensive financial models of cash flows, capitalization sheet, and firm valuation
- Produce a high-quality, professional Business Plan and accompanying slide deck
- Formal Ideation and Creativity Processes that yield tangible results
- Problem-Solving in existing Product-Service Markets with Feasibility Analysis and Risk Mitigation
- Stages of Product-Service Development and Market Adoption
- Pricing Variations and determining the Demand Curve for the Proposed Innovation
- Sensitivity Analysis and “what if?” Scenario Simulations of Pricing, Costs, Demand, Profit
- Formulating a detailed Sales Strategy with Multiple Market-Penetration Tactics
- Infrastructure, Regulatory-Compliance, Rent vs. Own, Lease vs. Buy, IP Protection
- Sources + Uses of Funds, 12-month Pro-formas, Time to Revenue, Time to Breakeven, Growth and Profitability with 3-5 Year Potential Performance
- Cap-Sheets, Debt vs. Equity Funding Alternatives, Valuation Techniques, ROI-Assessment Metrics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.