Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
The program is specifically designed for:
- Leaders of high-growth start-ups who are ready to take their venture to the next level
- Executives/Senior managers leading a venture within an organisation – executives charged with driving intrapreneurial business development
- Entrepreneurs who want to start up a new business from scratch
- Investors and consultants working with start-ups and/or entrepreneurial business ventures
The program is also suitable for corporate entrepreneurs, employees or executives in family businesses, those involved in private equity, corporate venture capitalism, or working for business incubators.
About the course
Build, scale and grow your ideas with confidence and clarity In today’s disruptive and fast-changing business environment, more of us than ever will experience the challenge and opportunity of embracing entrepreneurship and launching a new business venture.
Whether you join a newly formed business as a key employee, start your own venture, pursue new opportunities within your organisation or choose to invest personally in innovation, embracing entrepreneurship is a unique chance to realise personal goals – and to make an indelible mark on society. But launching, growing, and managing a new business venture is not easy. And while failure is the mantra of many a seasoned entrepreneur, there are many obstacles to starting up successfully; obstacles that can set you back both personally and professionally. Mastering a set of core entrepreneurial skills and competencies, and building the right mindset is critical in determining the prosperity of your venture – and setting you on the path to success.
Entrepreneurship: New Business Ventures is your essential introduction to the skills, concepts and actions you need to build a successful new business venture. From exploring how to generate and develop game-changing ideas and recruiting and managing the right team to identifying and engaging with investors, you will master every step of the entrepreneurial journey to success. This includes exploring ideas beyond the confines of the classroom and putting theory into practice via real-world customer interaction and pitching to actual investors.
You will learn how to think like an entrepreneur. You will also develop the acuity of vision, the agility and the mindset to:
- Understand where the best ideas come from.
- Appreciate how inferior actors can successfully compete against superior actors.
- Know when growth can be crucial for survival, but might endanger it at the same time.
- Determine how entrepreneurs should think.
- Lean to navigate terms and processes needed to manage frequent entrepreneurial tasks such as leading board meetings and raising venture capital.
Drawing on the latest in thought leadership, leading-edge INSEAD research and real-world examples, Entrepreneurship: New Business Ventures is a transformative learning experience that will equip you with everything you need to build, scale and grow your ideas with confidence and clarity.
How you benefit
- Explore how to generate, identify and test new business ideas
- Learn how to attract and build a great team to drive your venture
- Build and transform your networking and relationship building skills to interact effectively and confidently with investors and partners
- Discover how to organise, scale and grow your ventures
- Gain the knowledge to sell your idea effectively through pitching
Entrepreneurship: New Business Ventures is an immersive five-day programme that equips you with the understanding, tools, skills and mindset to build, scale and grow your new business ideas. The programme draws deeply on cutting-edge research and fully leverages the expertise of INSEAD’s world-class faculty. You will explore new ideas and real-life cases that bring concept to life within an international peer group of fellow entrepreneurs. And you will have the chance to test and apply your learning directly on your own business idea.
Ideas and Models
- Discover where good ideas come from and how to generate new concepts
- Learn how to spot and evaluate promising business opportunities
- Explore how to envision, create and exploit business models, and how to test ideas for their potential value
- Understand the process of establishing product-market fit
Teams and Boards
- Explore the importance of a strong team and being a strong leader
- Learn how to build a great team that maps to the needs of specific ventures
- Discover how to structure the interaction with boards and build alignment and cohesion
Investors and Partners
- Investigate the relationship between investors and ventures from both an investor and an entrepreneur’s perspective
- Learn how to determine the right investors for your venture and how they can best create value
- Transform how you leverage your network by learning how to identify, assess, and interact with partners as a means of building and developing your venture
Scaling and Organisation
- Learn how to scale your venture both internally and externally - from operations and supply chains to new types of customers
- Master how to successfully organise your new business venture
- Discover how to integrate and execute an exit plan if desired
Pitching and Pursuing
- Build on and transform your sales skills by practice-pitching new ventures to a live audience
- Bring it all together: Leverage your learning to push your start-up, new ventures or intrapreneurial projects to the next level
Henning Piezunka is an Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship and Family Entreprise at INSEAD. He obtained a PhD at Stanford University, a Master of Science at the London School of Economics, UK, and a Diplom Kaufmann from the University of Mannheim, Germany. Henning is an accomplished researche...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.