The Coach Approach: Initiating Dialogues for Effective Outcomes
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Weatherhead School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Coaching others is an important aspect of a manager's role. Yet, for many reasons, it is often difficult for managers to make the transition from directing, controlling and evaluating (traditional management methods) to having a coaching conversation. This skill building workshop will ground you in the underpinnings of coaching and offer a "coach approach" to managing others. Using real-life scenarios, you will gain helpful insights about your managerial style, give and receive coaching feedback, and leave with an effective model for framing and conducting intentional coaching conversations.
- The relationship between emotional intelligence, leadership and coaching
- A model for intentional coaching conversations
- The components of building trust
- Determining when and how to coach
- Sharpening skills to deepen listening
- Asking good questions
- ## Learning Outcomes
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Learn how to build a trusting relationship with those you coach
- Develop the skills to initiate and sustain an effective coaching dialogue
- Maximize the natural strengths and possibilities in those you coach for success
Who should attend
Anyone with responsibility for developing others or who wish to develop their coaching skills.