Strategy—Building and Sustaining Competitive Advantage
In the fight for market leadership, your company must be able to build a winning strategy—and execute it seamlessly across multiple business lines. This program prepares you to identify and exploit sources of competitive advantage and implement game-changing action plans. You will develop the analytical skills and leadership vision to forecast industry trends, outmaneuver the competition, and sustain corporate success as the global economy evolves.
This program takes a deep dive into the strategy development and execution process—from competitive positioning, competitor analyses, and strategic agility to corporate strategy, sustainability, and innovation and implementation. You will emerge with a framework for capturing market opportunities, determining the moves of industry competitors, and harnessing your firm's resources to build and secure a strategic competitive advantage.
Design and evolve more effective strategies
- Understand sources of advantage in your industry and geography
- Distinguish between short-run gains and lasting competitive advantage
- Adapt your strategy to global market shifts
Transform ideas into successful action plans
- Analyze strategic trade-offs as you identify the resources and organizational changes needed to execute your strategy
- Transform a single, focused business into a multibusiness company
- Execute and coordinate strategy across multiple lines of business and global markets
Expand your personal and professional network
- Extend your network by living and working with accomplished executives from various backgrounds, industries, and countries across the globe
- Build relationships with a diverse group of peers who can provide wide-ranging insights into your business challenges and career decisions
Who should attend
This program is appropriate for senior executives who are responsible for developing and implementing competitive strategy for a company or business unit, such as:
- Chief executive officer, chief operating officer, divisional president, and vice president
- Chief financial officer and chief innovation officer
- Managing director, general manager, and director
Attendance by multiple company representatives will foster teamwork and amplify the program's impact.