Who should attend
- Candidates having 20+ years of work experience
- Senior managers of organizations who are responsible to manage a business unit within an organization.
- Senior executives and those in line management, responsible for the P&L of their vertical
About the course
Changing business environment, the VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) world and globalization are putting more challenges before the business leaders than ever before. While in Emerging markets, growth opportunities exist, the CEOs/CXOs and other business leaders are constantly working on finding out more innovative ways to strengthen competitive edge as well as sustain it; in the face of ever-increasing stakeholder expectations. The organizational complexities have been accentuated by change of demographics, customer profile, localization, and innovations with pressure on Sustainability with Innovation, Talent Management Frameworks, verticalisation of organizations and fast pacing Technological changes. Further, with complex & large organizations in the modern world, interconnections of systems, geographies & products and services Leadership has assumed totally new set of contingencies. Hence, organizational strategies of Leadership are getting more attention of Top Management for using Empowerment, enriching & other critical Positive Psychology &Talent Management tools e.g. developmental conversation, Executive Coaching. This programme Strategy and Leadership in VUCA World is a programme for Top and Sr Executives to take a pause, reflect, review and work out few strategies and personal action plans to have an edge.
This Leadership Programme is an attempt to pause, reflect, review, appreciate & sharpen some of the following:
- To appreciate changing business context: VUCA world, more so , in the emerging markets of India
- Review, recapitulation and recalibration of Strategies for Competitive edge
- To highlight various Interconnections between Strategies & various sub-systems
- To facilitate appreciate one’s styles of Leadership in changing times; the styles, strengths, enables, derailers, competencies and the gaps with the use of 360 Feedback to identify priorities for action
- Use of Executive Coaching for Identification of Planned/ focused corrective actions for strengthening leadership
- Sharing best practices in the Strategies & Leadership Edge area
** Use of 360 for Coaching:
Participants of the Programme, who have a recent 360 feedback report (during Feb 2014 - Feb 2015) will be able
to avail a complimentary, one on one Coaching session with Dr Gopal, co-faculty and a Certified Coach, during
the programme or before 31st May ‘16. Leaders who do not have a 360 degree report and are desirous of
obtaining one, can register for it at www.tvrls.com or with any other suitable agency and bring the report when they
come for the programme.
- Defining organization of the future; culture and linking it to desired results
- Changing Organizational Canvas/Context; the VUCA World in Emerging economy
- Organizational Strategies & Frameworks for Competitive Advantage
- Leadership; the critical factor for Strategic Advantage; trends, best practices
- Desired leadership competencies, behaviors and organization values
- 360 Degree Based on emerging leadership Competencies
- Executive Coaching for prioritized development
- Talent Management; Changing paradigms and role of Leaders & Senior executives
- Succession planning for critical roles as well pipeline for talent
- Workshop methodology
- Case Discussion/Exercises/Simulation/360 Degree Feedback
- Strategy Simulations/Scenario Planning
- Best Practices Sharing
- Executive Coaching
Professor Jose teaches core courses on strategy and electives on Corporate Environmental Management, Sustainable Enterprises and Understanding Corporate Failures. He has been a visiting faculty at Cardiff Business School, IIM Kozhikode, and Gothenburg School of Business, Economics and Law at the ...
Gopal P Mahapatra is a Professor of Practice, OB & HRM at IIM, Bangalore. Prior to this he was a Professor of Practice, OB & HRM at IIM, Indore . He has thirty plus years of corporate, consulting and academic experience in leading: Organisational Transformation, Talent and Leadership Deve...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.