Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Mid-level executives to senior leaders challenged to prepare and develop top-line growth in their businesses or business units. Regional business executives tasked with enhancing a growth agenda. Sales Managers and Business Development Executives transitioning to manage a regional business portfolio.
About the course
Asia, a thriving hub of opportunities, also presents vast challenges in an increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environment. Given the competitive landscape and changing consumer behaviour, executives tasked to lead businesses and drive growth across multiple countries struggle to identify growth potential locked within Asia.
During this intensive three-day programme you will learn both the theory behind proven topline performance models and best practices utilising SMU’s unique method of linking thought SMU professors and leading growth-focused business practitioners with decades of Asia experience. This dual – theory-practice approach will help you discover the skills of applying these B2B best practices in business situations to build practical skills. By the end of this course, you will possess key frameworks, the latest insights, and numerous case examples of leading revenue growth for Asian markets.
The three-day course firstly enables leaders to identify the most appropriate Asian strategy that aligns with their business context. Subsequently you learn how to successfully lead these strategies in your own organisation in an Asian context.The second day identifies means to stimulate sustained growth in an Asian context and how to manage alliances and partnerships which are the foundation of Asian business. The final day empowers leaders with the skills to lead in an Asian environment. Attendees will both recognise the qualities of authentic leadership and learn how to lead across Asian businesses and across Asian cultures.
- Identifying and utilising a strategy appropriate to challenging Asia
- Understanding the impact of implementing a changed strategy in an Asian context.
- Coping with the strategic tension managing both a Global and Local strategic agenda
- Recognising essential Asian Leadership qualities (self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, social skill)
- Building successful Leadership relationships within Asia and building trust and coping with conflict across cultures
- How to accelerate growth in Asia through customer focused organic growth
- Keys to managing Asian alliances, how to set these up, and how to manage conflict in alliances
- Sharing of local and global best practices for Asia
- Cases from both regional firms and Asian MNCs
- Practical tips and techniques that can be easily adopted
Dr. Les Buckley is currently an affiliate professor of strategic management with Singapore Management University, a role focused on executive development and training (since January 2015). He is academic director of an IE Singapore sponsored SMU course on Business Effectiveness in Asia, and has...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.