Who should attend
- Senior executives responsible for growth of a business unit, geography, or the effectiveness of a function.
- Senior managers charged with jumpstarting and leading growth in emerging markets
- Business unit heads, country leads or functional leaders
- C-level executives, division presidents and vice presidents
- Senior R&D executives at large multinational companies
About the course
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world of business upside down. Business leaders are struggling to adapt to the changed realities of lockdowns, travel restrictions, social distancing and revenue declines. However, a crisis can help sow the seeds of opportunity. This is a time for business leaders to transform their offerings, their operations and their business models to gain competitive advantage in the “New Normal.” To do this, executives need to understand where the opportunities are, how to prioritize opportunities and how to redesign their organizations to drive change and business growth.
This program is grounded in the principle that the growth agenda is 10 percent strategy and 90 percent execution. The two faculty leaders of the program bring 70 years of collective experience in academia, consulting and business leadership to provide an actionable, execution-focused blueprint for unlocking sustainable, profitable organic growth and developing business growth strategies in uncertain times. With its emphasis on execution and how to grow your business, you will leave this program armed with a tailored, actionable agenda for surviving and thriving in the post-COVID-19 world.
- Understand how to win in the New Normal
- Identify growth opportunities in changing times
- Realign your people and organization to the new realities
- Leverage current strengths to pivot to new opportunities
- Create a clear vision and strategy for focusing business growth efforts
- Deploy resources boldly against priorities
- Unleash your people’s creative potential as business growth champions
- Create a culture of experimentation and strategic agility
Context and Discovery
- Winning in the New Normal
- Finding opportunities for innovation across the business
- Understanding changes in customer behaviors and priorities
- Focusing where you can win
- Choosing strategy lenses (workshop)
- Rallying cry: communicating strategy across the company
- Unleash peoples’ potential by giving blank checks
- Creating a business proposal for a blank check (workshop)
- Reports back on blank check proposals (workshop)
Organization, Execution and Metrics
- Creating an opportunity-focused organization
- Organizing globally (case studies and best practices)
- Clarifying roles and delegating responsibilities
- Building collaborative networks for execution
- Execution: thinking big, starting small, testing and learning, fixing and scaling fast
- Metrics: measuring progress and communicating success through storytelling
- Organizing and executing strategy plans (workshop)
Prof. Sawhney is a globally recognized scholar, teacher, consultant and speaker in innovation, strategic marketing and new media. His research currently focuses on modern marketing, enterprise analytics and business innovation. Prof. Sawhney has written six management books as well as dozens of ...
Sanjay Khosla is a Senior Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University and a Senior Advisor at Boston Consulting Group. Sanjay was President, Developing Markets at Kraft Foods (now Mondelez International) from Jan 2007 to March 2013, responsible for 65,000 people in over 6...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.