Who should attend
HR managers, senior HR professionals, HR business partners, and others tasked with business planning or organisational development
About the course
The Strategic Workforce Planning masterclass equips you with the skills to proactively align your workforce with the organisation's current and long-term goals.
- Articulate the value that strategic workforce planning can bring to your organisation
- Learn how to map your business strategy to your people strategy
- Strengthen your people and process skills
- Gain a practical five-step planning process to use within your organisation
Strategic workforce planning (SWP) involves proactively identifying your organisation's long-term business needs and developing an effective workforce plan to meet them. Yet despite its business-critical nature, many organisations do not understand the value of SWP or how to deliver it.
This live-online masterclass gives you the skills needed to lead in this area of organisational development. You will learn how to align your people resources with the organisation's business plan by getting the right people in the right place, at the right time, with the right skills. You will also leave with a five-step process to help you deliver SWP in your organisation.
The course content and case study reflect the current organisational design challenges resulting from the COVID-19 crisis. These include the sustainability of hard choices such as layoffs; matching the current workforce to the available work; and making rapid choices including redeployment or the delivery of new products and services.
Demystify SWP and understand the value it can deliver
Leave with a practical five-step process that you can apply within your organisation
Move from an operational to a strategic focus
Have better discussions with your business customers and support partners
Develop your HR executives into strategic leaders who can support the business using evidence-based plans
Take a more proactive approach to SWP - reactive approaches can be slow and costly
Henley's People & Organisational Change masterclasses are delivered through the presentation and exploration of key ideas, peer discussion, group learning and case studies. Each masterclass:
- Focuses on organisational context, encouraging you to consider and discuss your own challenges
- Integrates soft skills and practice with theory, helping you develop the confidence and credibility you need to get results back in the workplace
- Gives you immediate practical takeaways such as an action plan aligned with your personal learning objectives
- Provides the opportunity to engage with a supportive peer network
The Strategic Workforce Planning masterclass is available live-online, delivered as two half-day facilitated interactive sessions, enabling real-time engagement and discussion.
You will look at topics including:
- What is strategic workforce planning and why is it important?
- Mapping your business strategy - what does it mean in practice for your people and talent?
- Analysing your current and future workforce
- How to integrate the SWP five-step planning process into your organisation
- How SWP translates to operational realities like hiring, promotions, retention, rewards and people development
Paul has over 25 years of international experience in leading consultancies. His client experience spans all market sectors, including clients such as Network Rail, DHL, Bank of England, HM Treasury, BAE Systems, Swiss Re and Siemens. Paul is a founder of the European Organisational Design Forum...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.