Strategic Planning and Management in Retailing
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Babson Olin Graduate School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Strategic planning in retailing in a global retail marketplace The global retail industry is continuing to evolve and become increasingly competitive. With technology, change in consumer behavior, globalization, and consolidation, a data-driven retail strategy is more important than ever. Retail leaders must focus on strategic management in retail and be data-driven to survive and thrive in the industry.
Strategic Planning and Management in Retailing helps you develop the effective strategies needed to lead a high-performing retail business.
Learn Essential Skills
- Plan for strategic growth using productivity analysis and financial modeling, including a proprietary model for building a competitive advantage in retailing
- Analyze and interpret consumer, competitive, and market research—and implement changes based on the data
- Develop and implement enhanced merchandising management and assortment strategies
What You Will Learn
Discover the best methods to win in the highly competitive retail sector.
Core concepts and determinants of high-performance retailing
- Eight Ways to Win in Retailing: a proprietary model for building a competitive advantage in retailing
Retail financial and productivity strategy and measures of high-performance retailing
- How to apply multiple strategic and financial models to your business
- Merchandise planning and analysis
- Frameworks for integrating your business
Strategic market planning, research, and implementation
- Evaluation and discussion of relevant retail case studies developed by the program faculty
Who should attend
Senior retailers who are seeking new methods for growing successful brick-and-mortar stores.