Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Because strategic HR is not a role but a way to work, this curriculum is suitable for any early or mid-career professional who wants to increase their credibility, influence, and impact.
Whether you have a designated HRBP title or not, if you’d like to boost your business and financial acumen, analytics capabilities, consulting skills, and solution design and implementation, this course will help you.
If you are a specialist working in a Center of Expertise, the focus on business and financial acumen, as well as on collaboration and co-creating solutions, will help you to increase your value to clients and partners. sHRBP is also suitable for teams or functions who are transforming from being tactical functional specialists to strategic, high impact partners. Since the class focuses on solving a real business challenge, participants will come out of class with an action plan that can immediately be implemented.
About the course
Are you ready to work as a strategic, high impact partner to your business and help make work better for people? Would you like to move from being reactive to proactive? To increase your credibility through your business and financial acumen? To enhance collaboration with your clients and CoEs? To work as a trusted advisor?
HCI can help. Our course has been designed just for you by experts in HR and learning.
Our proprietary research has determined the strategic mindsets and skillsets necessary for you to advance both your career and your organization. We know the best practices of high-performing HR organizations and we’ve made it easy for you to incorporate them into your work.
During our intensive 3-day certification program, you will be immersed in a highly interactive, hands-on learning experience and equipped with processes and tools necessary to put ideas into action.
Best of all? You’ll be able to work on a real business challenge during class and consult with our expert facilitators and your colleagues.
- Prepare – Work credibly with clients to support organizational strategies
- Partner – Develop collaborative relationships that impact business outcomes
- Perform – Implement and measure effectiveness of talent management initiatives and solutions
What You Will Learn?
You’ll work your way through HCI’s Prepare/ Partner/ Perform framework, using your own business challenge.
Work More Strategically
- Approach your work with a strategic mindset that is collaborative, evidence-based, business driven, and adaptable
- Make incremental changes to work more proactively
- Align talent strategy with business strategy and goals
- Speak the language of the business
- Understand the thought processes, goals and strategies used to make business decisions
- Understand what it means to be strategic and how to act strategically
- Increase credibility and influence through value that is added in every interaction
Demonstrate Business & Financial Acumen
- Understand business and financial terminology and concepts
- Identify and communicate quantifiable benefits of talent initiatives
- Justify talent initiatives by demonstrating benefits and ROI
Use Meaningful Business Analytics
- Use metrics that align with business objectives, even if data is housed across multiple databases/sources
- Communicate evidence-based insights to gain buy-in and drive change
Enhance Your Consulting Skills
- Partner with business functions and consult to determine root causes
- Communicate the value of HR/talent initiatives through the lens of the business
- Collaborate with clients and CoEs to create talent management solutions that increase engagement, retention, development, and strategic talent acquisition efforts
- Use project management to collaborate with all stakeholders, enhance buy-in, and implement initiatives effectively
- Understand the different phases of change, common objections to change, and how to lead others through change
- Drive change through people, measuring results, and making it sustainable
- Evaluate talent management outcomes with business metrics
- Scale solutions so that resources are used wisely and impacts are greater
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.