Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
Who should attend
Senior executives with at least eight years of significant managerial experience, who have interest in management theory and practices in an international context, including:
- Senior executives responsible for driving business internationally and in the Pacific Rim
- Senior executives of international companies that have joint ventures with Asian partners, or with Asian responsibilities
About the course
Real-World Strategies for Global Business
Held annually in Singapore, the Stanford–NUS Executive Programme in International Management presents a unique opportunity for leaders to immerse in the vibrant cultures of two of the world’s most respected institutions: one renowned for its iconoclastic approach to critical thinking and challenging assumptions; the other for its uncompromisingly high standards and academic rigour.
In two weeks of highly intensive sessions, you will augment your expertise with current insights and knowledge of global and Asian business. Taught by senior faculty from NUS Business School and the Stanford Graduate School of Business, you will gain a thorough grounding on recent developments in business management, strategy and leadership from both sides of the Pacific Rim.
Leadership and change
- Cultural intelligence and global leadership
- Managing global teams
Strategy and execution
- Strategy, social responsibility and the business environment
- Regulatory challenges
- Strategic negotiations
Organisational design and behaviour
- Organisational architecture and culture
- Organisational identity and authenticity
Strategic marketing and services
- Value-based market strategies
- New product market and brand extension
- Market entry and channel strategy
- Service design and operations
- Building a global brand
- Internal and external brand alignment
Operations and supply chain integration
- Operational Excellence
- Process Efficiency
Finance and valuation
- Cash flow, valuation and investment decisions
- Earnings quality management
- International project analysis and valuation in Asia
Innovation and Application
- The process of innovation
- Design, define and formulating
- Big data trends
- Acquire the latest concepts and insights on management strategy
- Improve analytical and behavioural skills, and ultimately enhance leadership abilities
- Understand the differences in culture and management practices in the East and West
- Invaluable opportunity to tap into a strong network of experienced leaders from different industries and countries
- Interactive lectures and class discussions, interspersed with group study sessions
- Course materials include case studies and the latest research by faculty from the two business schools
- Networking events and talks by prominent industry speakers and business leaders
Research Statement Professor Flynn’s research focuses on three topics of interest: (1) How employees can develop healthy patterns of cooperation; (2) How the negative impact of racial and gender stereotyping in the workplace can be mitigated; and (3) How people can emerge as leaders and assume po...
Research Statement Glenn Carroll’s research addresses questions about organizations, strategic management, and industrial evolution. His most recent project studies socially constructed authenticity – how consumers and others value authenticity, how consumers search for authenticity in products a...
Yossi Feinberg received his PhD in Mathematics from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem in 1997. His thesis studied how differing prior beliefs of decision makers can be expressed by their disagreement on current (posterior) events. After completing his dissertation under the supervision of Nobel ...
Research Statement Professor Whang's research interest is in supply chain management and the economics of information systems. He studied how demand information may be distorted in a supply chain, and what impacts a secondary market (where retailers exchange excess inventories) has on a supply ch...
KPMG Professor of Management Studies PhD (University of Southampton) Research interests Leadership effectiveness, trust building, maintenance and repair, organisational justice, executive pay and bonuses, behavioural economics and decision-making, behavioural ethics, creativity and innovation,...
Dr Prem Shamdasani is Associate Professor of Marketing; Academic Director, NUS Executive MBA Program; Co-Director, Stanford-NUS International Management Program and the NUS Advanced Management and Strategic Marketing Management Programs at the NUS Business School, National University of Singapore...
Research Statement Amir Goldberg’s research lies at the intersection of cultural sociology, data science and organization studies. He is interested in understanding how social meanings emerge and solidify through social interaction, and what role network structures play in this process. The co-di...
Education Qualifications Ph.D. in Organization and Strategy, Organization and Strategy, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA, 1992 M.Sc. in Japanese Business Studies, Japanese Business Studies, Japan-American Institute of Management Science and Chaminade University, 1988 M.A. in Econo...
Danny Quah is Dean and Li Ka Shing Professor in Economics at the School. His research interests include income inequality, economic growth, and international economic relations. Quah's current research takes an economic approach to world order - with focus on global power shift and the rise of ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.