Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- General managers and organizational leaders who are responsible for the cultural development and transformation of a customer-focused organization
- Senior leaders in marketing, sales, strategic planning and operations
- Customer experience, engagement, and perception management leaders
About the course
Leading transformation, renewal and growth
Customers are more empowered than ever before, due to a global marketplace, social networks and the rise of mobile. As a result, the pace of business is changing how businesses are led, develop strategy and build their customer focus. Ultimately, it is those who rise to the challenge and create a robust customer-centric strategy that succeed.
In this program, Kellogg’s world-class faculty and practitioners will show you the approaches to leading with less formal authority, managing ecosystems, developing innovations, gaining a deeper understanding of customer strategy, achieving growth through greater focus, building meaningful brands and creating extraordinary total customer experiences.
- Understanding the growing influence of customer focus on organizational success
- Learning to overcome obstacles to creating a truly customer-focused organizational culture
- Gaining a deeper and shared understanding of customers
- Creating innovative value, compelling differentiation and focus in global markets
- Managing ecosystems to deliver customer value
- Creating superior customer experiences
- Leading organizational change to achieve the rewards of customer focus
Customer-Focused Culture and Leadership
- The beliefs and cultural values of truly customer-focused organizations
- The power of customers to create organizational purpose
- Leading organizational renewal, fostering innovation and change
- The role of leadership in inspiring people and unleashing potential
Growth through Customer-Focus
- Understanding overlooked value in consumer and business markets
- The challenge of achieving focus in global markets
- Identifying opportunities for growth and differentiation
- Developing compelling value propositions that deliver value and differentiation
Building Brands with Meaning
- Understanding how the customer experience affects the competitive value of a brand
- Assessing specific strengths and weaknesses of the customer experience
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Creating brands that are differentiated by authentic meaning
Delivering Value to Customers
- Creating powerful customer experiences
- Managing the ecosystem to create value for buyers
- Aligning the organizational structure and incentives
Sanjay Khosla is a Senior Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University and a Senior Advisor at Boston Consulting Group. Sanjay was President, Developing Markets at Kraft Foods (now Mondelez International) from Jan 2007 to March 2013, responsible for 65,000 people in over 6...
Gregory Carpenter focuses on understanding how firms create competitive advantage through marketing strategy. Based on award-winning research, his recent book, Resurgence: The Four Stages of Market-Focused Reinvention (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014), examines how firms transform their culture, regaini...
Julie Hennessy is a Clinical Professor of Marketing at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. Professor Hennessy's MBA and Executive teaching focuses on the development of Marketing Strategies to enhance long-term competitive advantage and profitability. She works frequently...
Eric Leininger joined the Kellogg School faculty full time in September 2010, coming from McDonald's Corporation, where he was corporate senior vice president since 2004. He has been an affiliated faculty member since 1997. With Professor Gregory Carpenter, Eric leads The Kellogg Chief Marketing...
Thomas F. O'Toole is Clinical Professor of Marketing and Senior Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management of Northwestern University. At Kellogg, he is engaged in advancing the development, practice and teaching of subjects including: the development and use of data analytics for business advanc...
Joel Shapiro, JD, PhD, is clinical associate professor and executive director of the program on data analytics at Kellogg. Joel teaches graduate courses in decision analytics and policy analysis, with a strong focus on how to apply analytic solutions to solve real-life problems. He has deep exp...
More than 25 years of experience in marketing at Procter & Gamble, including seven as Global Marketing Officer. Highly respected as a thought leader in the marketing industry, and widely known for leading innovation and for a commitment to building leading-edge marketing capabilities. Current...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.