Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Professionals with a bachelor’s degree and some professional experience (an advanced degree is preferred)
- Graduate students currently pursuing a master’s, MD, PhD, or post-doc program in a nonbusiness field
- Those with formal graduate business training (e.g., MBA) or extensive managerial experience to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
About the course
Acquire the business fundamentals and the hands-on experience needed to turn your ideas into ventures in a four-week, full-time program.
Live Online Program
Stanford Ignite – Full-Time is an intensive, four-week live online program that’s academically rigorous, hands-on, and collaborative. Designed for working professionals and graduate students, it teaches you how to evaluate, develop, and commercialize business ideas.
While entirely virtual, the Stanford Ignite experience is optimized for interaction and impact. Engage directly with Stanford GSB faculty during real-time lectures and Q&A sessions focused on the fundamentals of business. Immediately apply new learnings by working on a team venture project with fellow innovators. And receive ongoing small-group feedback from the faculty director, entrepreneurial mentors, and communication coaches. We’ve even created virtual social events to foster deeper connections and facilitate networking. Stanford Ignite – Full-Time is the ultimate in learning by doing. The four-week, full-time program culminates with a live online presentation and feedback session with venture capitalists, angel investors, industry experts, and experienced entrepreneurs.
Stanford Ignite – Full Time is a certificate program that provides the business fundamentals to succeed at any entrepreneurial ventures.
- Learn fundamental business concepts from core business frameworks to tactical skills.
- Evaluate and analyze cases with updates to reflect the new realities of COVID-19.
- Reinforce and apply lessons learned by working on a team to develop a new product or service.
- Improve communication, elevator pitch, and presentation skills in a daylong communications bootcamp.
- Present your idea and get robust feedback from venture capitalists, angel investors, industry experts, and experienced entrepreneurs.
Learn what it takes to formulate, develop, and commercialize new ideas.
Leveraging Stanford’s deep connection to Silicon Valley, Stanford Ignite – Full-Time exposes you to leading-edge research and frameworks in areas that span all business operations, from models and marketing to product fit and finance. And because Stanford GSB believes in experiential learning, you’ll also apply what you learn in the class sessions by collaborating with peers on your team venture project.
In our live online classroom and venture project breakout rooms you will:
- Engage directly with world-renowned faculty through real-time lectures, interactive Q&A sessions, office hours, and team project check-ins
- Collaborate and connect with fellow innovators through group discussions, venture project development, and social activities
- Get communications coaching and entrepreneurial mentorship
- Practice elevator pitches and full business plan presentations
Below are just a few of the sessions you’ll experience as part of the program.
- Business Models: Gain an introduction to the process of business model development through a case-study analysis from a variety of industries
- Marketing: Find out how market research enables participants to better understand customer needs, hone in on unmet client expectations and validate hypotheses about the market.
- Product-Market Fit: Explore how consumers evaluate fit between company offerings and their needs, both functional and symbolic.
- Accounting and Financial Statements: Dive deep into the elements of the financial reporting environment and the role of the primary financial statements to identify key relations among them.
- Pricing: Learn more about the unifying framework for value-based pricing, which focuses on understanding the economic value created by a company’s product or service to its target markets.
Yossi Feinberg received his PhD in Mathematics from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem in 1997. His thesis studied how differing prior beliefs of decision makers can be expressed by their disagreement on current (posterior) events. After completing his dissertation under the supervision of Nobel ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.