Who should attend
This online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Leaders, Managers and Supervisors
- Technical Professionals with limited soft-skills training and experience
- Anyone who needs to understand Stakeholders and stakeholder engagement
- Change Leaders
- Organisational Development (OD) Staff
- Project Management Professionals
- Project and Programme Managers
- Human Resource (HR) Professionals
- Talent Management Professionals
- Anyone who needs to improve their stakeholder management and influence
- Anyone who needs to improve their skills in negotiation, communication and influence
About the course
This exciting and innovative OXFORD Stakeholder Management online training course will focus on the practical and theoretical aspects of Negotiating, Communicating & Influencing. You will learn how to build an ongoing relationship with people to ensure success in all you do and the essential ingredients of engagement and practical skills in negotiation, communication, and influence.
A Stakeholder is somebody that has an interest in your organisation, department, or project and can either affect or be affected by what you do. Your Stakeholders are both internal and external and can include internal departments, investors, employees, government, customers, suppliers, community, trade unions, contractors, or trade associations.
If you are going to be effective with your Stakeholders, you must take the time to develop and build support and influence. Whether for a project or a significant change initiative, without the support of people, you will fail. Research has shown that Project and Programme Management Specialists spent much more time than the average respondent dealing with people and people issues.
This online training course will highlight:
- How to manage Stakeholders successfully?
- The key skills of successful negotiation
- Ways to remove or limit communication barriers
- Leading change through the power of relationships
- Practical stakeholder engagement techniques
By the end of this online training course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the critical approaches to stakeholder management
- Discuss the main methods of effective influence
- Apply psychological communication theory to stakeholder management
- Analyse the appropriate negotiation techniques in each situation
- Design a strategy for stakeholder engagement
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
The participants on this OXFORD Stakeholder Management virtual training course will have a very positive impact on the organisation, including:
- Gaining a detailed understanding of stakeholder management methodology
- Improved communication with all stakeholders
- Increased programme and project effectiveness
- More successful influence with stakeholders
- Practical negotiation skills that can be applied in many settings
- Understand that you can overestimate and underestimate cultural differences when negotiating
By attending this Stakeholder Management online training course, all participant will develop several important work-related skills and competencies, these includes:
- Detailed understanding of the practice of stakeholder management
- Practical skills in stakeholder engagement
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to apply win-win negotiation skills
- Increased knowledge of the psychology of influence
- A set of transferable skills in dealing with Stakeholders
- The Essentials of Stakeholder Management
- Introduction to Stakeholder Management
- Key Stakeholder Management Definitions
- Identifying your Stakeholders: Stakeholder Analysis
- The 3 – Step Approach to Effective Stakeholder Management
- Developing Ongoing Business Relationships
- Negotiation Techniques for Collaboration
- Negotiation Model
- Create the Ideal BATNA
- Introduction to Re-framing Techniques
- Cultural Differences that Affect Negotiation
- Negotiating Styles, Tactics and Overcoming Deadlock
- Essential Communication Skills for Stakeholder Management
- Understanding the Psychology of Communication
- The Seven Largest Barriers to Effective Communication
- Removing Communication Barriers
- Why listening is more important than talking?
- The Emotional Intelligence (EI) Skills Needed for Stakeholder Management
- Influencing Skills
- The Tools of Influence
- Reciprocity: Give and Take
- The Importance of Commitment and Consistency
- How social proof influences behaviour?
- Liking, Authority and Scarcity
- Essential Skills for Stakeholder Management
- Managing Stakeholders Successfully
- Running Effective Stakeholder Meetings
- Practical People Engagement
- The Power of Empathy
- Personal Action Planning
Oxford e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who have attended and completed the online course outline.
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.